SNH48 confirmes they will send 2-4 trainees to Mnet's Girls Planet 999 in June!

• This is proper source so take this as true, and granted thing

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• bartkun

Changed the title of the thread from “SNH48 confirmes they will send 2-4 trainees to Girls Planet 999 in June!” to “SNH48 confirmes they will send 2-4 trainees to Mnet's Girls Planet 999 in June!”.
  • Whoa! Now I'll have to watch. lol

who do you think they will send? I think they might go with either vocalists or dancers

• who do you think they will send? I think they might go with either vocalists or dancers

I think probably dancers? I assume the debut group will sing in Korean. I think it'll be newer faces we haven't seen before. My opinion. Though if they send some like Eliwa or Tako from 7Senses then they have a better chance of placing someone on the final squad.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• I think probably dancers? I assume the debut group will sing in Korean. I think it'll be newer faces we haven't seen before. My opinion. Though if they send some like Eliwa or Tako from 7Senses then they have a better chance of placing someone on the final squad.

knowing Tako's neck issues I don't think so

but Eliwa would be a good pick

• Xinran and Leilei would be pretty major if true. Those two are among the bigger names after the graduation of so many 1st and 2nd gen girls!

https://mobile.twitter.com/gpl…tatus/1388936057157267457

De acuerdo a ciertos posts en Weibo, SNH48 (grupo chino) estaría mandando entre 2 y 4 trainees al programa. Diversos blogs coreanos reportaron a Song XinRan (Team X de SNH48) y a Xie LeiLei (trainee de GNZ48) en enero-febrero.

===========================

According to certain posts on Weibo, SNH48 (Chinese group) would be sending between 2 and 4 trainees to the program. Various Korean blogs reported Song XinRan (SNH48's Team X) and Xie LeiLei (GNZ48's trainee) in January-February.

5C752160-BA96-423F-9AB7-8E9C1F13ECA9.jpeg

• I kind of don't trust Korean blogs reporting on who would be in Girls Planet 999,

I think those are their wishes in terms of beauty because XinRan and LeiLei are both beauties.

But if that would be real then I will be super happy, as well if the number 4 will be the correct one.

ps: Xinran even recently missed SNH sports meet which was big event, she was filming new drama during this time... girl is busy

• It'll be interesting to see how the show governs the voting from different countries.

I'm unsure if a Chinese company would send a senior member if they are important for other activities. I'd guess that Mnet would lock down the contracts in case they create the next Izone. Any particular age limits?

Any idea when it would air? This year seems like good timing to since Chuang and YWY fielded guys this year. I don't quite understand why they wouldn't switch off.

It'd be fun to see how people from different countries vote from CJK as long as they can weight them accordingly. I-Land was probably helpful in designing a global voting system.

• About voting:

rumored to premiere/broadcast on MNet in 2nd half of 2021

different selection method than in Produce series

no sms/text voting to prevent vote-rigging

on-site independent observers to make sure votes are count probably

global voting through app Universe created by NC Soft (big gaming company)

As for auditions 1st round is already off, they were contacting those who passed it until 5th march, and then second round was supposed to take place. We also know that FNC send Cherry Bullet there, and Mnet was considering will they allow them to participate in or not.

At fist it was for trainees born before 1st January 2006 (so those born in 2005 or older). But then surprisingly they extended 1st round of auditions for one week because so many '05 liners wanted to join show.

Trainees also didn't need to be Chinese, Japanese or Korean, but if they were from different country then they should have at least have some proper connections with agency in one of those three mentioned countries. So for example if Thai trainee from Chinese agency would like to apply then she could. If Vietnamise trainee from Korean agency would like to apply then she also could. Same for any other nationality. They also confirmed that girls living in USA but having Asian roots can apply.

• Makes sense. They need to do something to manage the previous rigging perception.

Age-wise, everyone is 16 and older. I wonder if there will be "soft" limit on the top end (handled through audition)? It seems weird to pit 16 yr olds against 25 yr olds....but the age distribution is more important.

It'd be awesome if there are some SEA, Americas, and EMEA trainees. I hope they have a chance against established idol voting blocks but popularity is important too. I also expect the Japanese trainees to be waaaaay more prepared this time around.

Any particular trainers and judges you want to see?

Commence the Hunger Games.

• Well in China seems like girls need to be 18-19 but then girls like Jenny Zeng or Flora Dai also apply which makes this 8-9 year gap :) so it's similar.

I would like to have mentors which can make it easier for girls, definitely don't want some of the ones that we've seen in Produce series... also I wish that MNet could use some male rapper like Loco or Simon D. they are both smart, talented, and well "can talk properly" and are well known.

I hope for 3-4 regular mentors, one PD, and guest mentors.

They need to make Jessi at least to be guest mentor, maybe for 1st round of performances?

Not sure if she will have time but Wendy as vocal coach will be chefs kiss.

• I'm sure whomever SNH sends will be a pretty good visual. They certainly don't a lack of those!

• I'm sure whomever SNH sends will be a pretty good visual. They certainly don't a lack of those!

I'm curious will MNet allow trainees to do full makeup

• I remember looking at Chuang and YWY and thinking that the average was more like early 20's. Lots of 25 yr olds too. In any case, I'm using age as a proxy for training time which may or may not be a good assumption. But if they're going to allow current (but unpopular) k-pop idols to participate, it sounds like they'll want a range of experience and age.

I actually don't mind the scary mentors. Lisa going off on girls in YWY2 was good TV and also more realistic. Having performance driven teachers is pretty normal in performing arts but it also needs to be balanced with some supportive ones. Good cop, bad cop.

It'd be nice to have a different rapper coach other than Cheetah. Why would a male mentor be better in this case? It does make sense to have the street cred from winning a show like SMTM but maybe combined with some idol experience. Bobby or Mino?

Wendy as a mentor would be really interesting.

I like the guest mentor idea (maybe even group), I remember they started doing that in Produce X 101. One for each round would be good, sort of like there's a guest judge on every episode of Top Chef.

• I'm curious will MNet allow trainees to do full makeup

I don't think makeup was ever a topic. People just assumed the agencies would present their trainees the best they could. In fact, the Produce shows are the biggest stage a lot of these firms will ever be on (unless you are Big Three and the Big Three don't go on Produce shows generally.)

• I'm curious will MNet allow trainees to do full makeup

Wait, is this a thing on Chinese survival shows?

I'm more interested in avoiding all the pitch correction on those shows. I'm pretty sure Mnet does it also, but it shouldn't be so blatant even if it is applied to live performance vocals.

• Well I thought of male rapper because I would rsther see female mentors for all other categories... And maybe PD could be male then it will either be 2:2 or 3:2 on ladies side.

I think Loco has shown in his duo with Hwasa, in his duo with Heize, or in his guest performance on IU's variety show that he is capable of working well with top female celebs so he should also click well with trainees. And he doesn't have this angry boy aura around him, he is cute and shy which will probably help build more positive aura around the show.

• I kind of don't trust Korean blogs reporting on who would be in Girls Planet 999,

I think those are their wishes in terms of beauty because XinRan and LeiLei are both beauties.

ps: Xinran even recently missed SNH sports meet which was big event, she was filming new drama during this time... girl is busy

Why will SNH48 send an ugly one? This show will have even bigger impact than Chuang international wise. It makes no sense to send inferior girls. Girls from SNH48 side must be pretty popular that she could rank within top 32.

If I remember correctly, Xu Jiaqi joined Youth With You just after she wrapped up the role in a drama. Being busy rules nothing out.

It'll be interesting to see how the show governs the voting from different countries.

I'm unsure if a Chinese company would send a senior member if they are important for other activities. I'd guess that Mnet would lock down the contracts in case they create the next Izone. Any particular age limits?

Any idea when it would air? This year seems like good timing to since Chuang and YWY fielded guys this year.

Inter fans will cast votes via Universe app.

SNH48 has sent senior popular members to Youth With You and Chuang and 2 of them, Xu Jiaqi and Zhao Yue ended up in the final line up in each show (Jiaqi to THE9, Yue to Bon Bon Girls).

As far as I can remember, it was not maximum age limit. Still, I highly doubt anyone elder than 27 will pass the preliminary.

We have learnt from this news that the recording will start in June. So, the show is estimated to premiere before the end of August.

I'm more interested in avoiding all the pitch correction on those shows. I'm pretty sure Mnet does it also, but it shouldn't be so blatant even if it is applied to live performance vocals.

How comes? Pitch correction and breathing is the very basic of singing. Trainees cannot go further if they can yet get these 2 basic right.

• When I refer to pitch correction, I'm referring to autotune or similar technologies that you can apply even to a live performance. It can be subtle enough that even experts can't tell (when there's no dancing) but it has been pretty obvious in YWY. I suspect Chuang uses it to a lesser extent.

Yes, adjusting intonation is a basic skill for most musical performance except piano.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!