Naver decides weverse (bts) is too big to compete

• https://mobile.twitter.com/choi_bts2/status/1352546633242664960

https://mobile.twitter.com/shadow_twts/status/1326429937130213377

Naver has chosen working together after all..

Seems a smart choice,

because bts leaving vlive & moving completely to weverse would be big for them.

• troye22

Changed the title of the thread from “Naver decides weverse is too big to compete” to “Naver decides weverse (bts) is too big to compete”.
  • Naver is working with every company lol... writing about karma etc. doesn't make any sense.

Naver also has stocks in YG

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Naver is working with every company lol... writing about karma etc. doesn't make any sense.

Naver also has stocks in YG

that wasn't my tweet, i Just shared it for the info in the screenshot. I know naver invested in almost every company, but they seemed determined to do it their own way (trying to compete with bh).

Guess they saw the results & didn't like the possibility of bts completely leaving them, so they decided to join them after all.

• that wasn't my tweet, i Just shared it for the info in the screenshot. I know naver invested in almost every company, but they seemed determined to do it their own way (trying to compete with bh).

Guess they saw the results & didn't like the possibility of bts completely leaving them, so they decided to join them after all.

Well Weverse was opened 4 years after Vlive,

now I don't know how things look there, do groups need to have any deal with Naver to be able to create accounts on Vlive or not.

If some deal was there and Naver wasn't smart enough to work properly with Big Hit to get this extension then it's Navers fault.

Dunno how this vlive works but still think that youtube generates much more money for BTS than any other platform.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Take it easy, it was obviously a joke since naver wanted to go solo but was forced to join hands with bighit

I'm not talking to OP, just posting about those tweets.

• I am kind of confused about how Naver buying BH stocks proves cooperation? Noone is preventing them from buying stocks off the market. It looks pretty one sided right now.

Are there any statements from Naver or BH on this or its just speculation?

• I am kind of confused about how Naver buying BH stocks proves cooperation? Noone is preventing them from buying stocks off the market. It looks pretty one sided right now.

Are there any statements from Naver or BH on this or its just speculation?

I think it's more official than naver just acquiring bh stocks (i think Both companies exchanged stocks). I mean there's probably a whole contract & conditions for their cooperation; with how they can work together & beat the compitition together.

True, unless bh or naver makes a statement, we won't officially know (Just gotta wait), but i think it's pretty legit & benificially to both? Having stocks from naver is big, i believe, since they are koreas Google & having stocks in bh (bts) is big.

• External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

• Well Weverse already seems a more developed and globally advertised platform.

Vlive just doesn't have the concurrent userbase to compete with top end sns or video sharing apps as most users aren't really making the switch.

I mean theres a reason te SM family concert was hosted on YouTube with it's massive userbase rather than Vlive 'Beyond Live' platform even tho SM heavily invest in it, they knew a concert on YT is pulling from a 10 fold bigger user base...

But it seems never mind YT or other sns sites Weverse is quickly becoming a very developed platform for fan interaction, events, etc and Vlive is almost shrinking in response.

• interesting, since bts already shown how much they can gain through online concert and weverse is going to develop into some livestreaming platform, bts basically contribute a lot too for the growth of vlive, through that bighit has proven to be completely capable to stand by themselves but given that BTS brings majority to both platforms, exchange would be the fair way instead of competing, but i need more details.

• I think it's more official than naver just acquiring bh stocks (i think Both companies exchanged stocks). I mean there's probably a whole contract & conditions for their cooperation; with how they can work together & beat the compitition together.

True, unless bh or naver makes a statement, we won't officially know (Just gotta wait), but i think it's pretty legit & benificially to both? Having stocks from naver is big, i believe, since they are koreas Google & having stocks in bh (bts) is big.

Yeah, I can see theres a better translation here, where they specify stock swap. The "stock exchange" is very confusing, since it could mean buying from stock exchange.

I can see how they could have synergies.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!