Sunny is niece of lee som man(sm ceo) ....

• no! omg so many people misunderstood her for this. sunny trained really hard and never even told anyone she was sooman's niece she worked just as hard as all the other members of snsd. people found out when she revealed it YEARS later on a radio show

• no! omg so many people misunderstood her for this. sunny trained really hard and never even told anyone she was sooman's niece she worked just as hard as all the other members of snsd. people found out when she revealed it YEARS later on a radio show

Ok thank

Just because she chose to keep quiet about it, it doesn't mean she didn't benefit from that connection tbh. It just means she was smart enough to keep it hush for a long time. I'm not saying she's not talented or anything like that but I really doubt there wasn't any nepotism at play especially because it is so difficult to debut as a big 3 idol.

• Her father managed an failed record label (trying to compete with his brother) and was in debt for some time. She had to ask many times to be an SM trainee up until 1998 when she was finally accepted at 9 years old she trained for a few years, she then went to her father's previously mentioned agency because he controlled where she could work, she was set to debut but her father's company went bankrupt. SM entertainment at that point as of 2003, had dissolved her father's label into them, only staying open as a sub label to host GG Sugar. All trainees from Starworld were released including Sunny. Then she was brought back to SM after the other label failed, not by her uncle but by Ayumi Lee of SM Senior group and former labelmates Sugar who begged her to rejoin SM and not give up, she almost did not end up in the line up as she was not in the original final formation of SNSD but after Hyomin left right before debut, they needed another member and she was pulled in as other trainees were still too young to debut.

So, I would not say she is some uber privileged girl, at least not at the beginning of her life at least. Now she might be well off financially, but she has also worked hard in SNSD for almost 20 years and has multiple business deals she has done herself. Just because she is related to someone rich does not mean she automatically was given everything.

Please people do some research on her family turmoil and her troubled career beginnings instead of assuming she was handed everything.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Twice-Tokyo-Sig.gif

Edited once, last by crystalblues ().

• Just because she chose to keep quiet about it, it doesn't mean she didn't benefit from that connection tbh. It just means she was smart enough to keep it hush for a long time. I'm not saying she's not talented or anything like that but I really doubt there wasn't any nepotism at play especially because it is so difficult to debut as a big 3 idol.

Yes maybe....

• Sunny never had any privilege

she didn't even want to debut under SM at first, she trained in a nugu company for years to debut as a solo artist but bankrupt

so she enter SM, and with the girls of the snsd lineup leaving one by one she end up in the final lineup of SNSD

and that's the reason why she use a stage name and also why she don't like when the girls call her by her real name

and currently she's doing nothing, Sunny never really like the spotlight even if she's really talented in variety and singing

she prefer to stay at home

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Wow thank

Im sad for her

She should did great in variety show

• Just because she chose to keep quiet about it, it doesn't mean she didn't benefit from that connection tbh. It just means she was smart enough to keep it hush for a long time. I'm not saying she's not talented or anything like that but I really doubt there wasn't any nepotism at play especially because it is so difficult to debut as a big 3 idol.

i don't get ur point here. she clearly talked about the whole and even addressed potential favoritism... just because someone is related doesn't mean they can shimmy their way anywhere. EVEN if she got in through sooman, she would still have to pass the multiple audition rounds lol.

• some of yall really think sunny got in through favoritism :clown:

• this might turn into a bash thread ;(

sunny didnt even want to debut under sm yall

and you cant blame her for being related to lsm

it wasnt her choice

This! She was supposed to debut after Sugar who debuted under her father's label Starworld and was distributed by SM ENT, in another group under them but they went bankrupt in 2003 and were dissolved into SM entertainment by her uncle. All trainees were dropped, they only transferred Sugar to SM Ent who kept the Starworld trademark from the label to release Sugar's future 4 albums. She was brought back to SM by Ayumi from said GG in early 2007 and she was only debuted in SNSD because Hyomin left a month before debut... Homegirl was chosen because the other female trainees were 13 or younger. She has mentioned her father's need to try to compete with her uncle and she even wanted to debut with her father's company originally and not SM but life did not go as planned for her and she found success after family turmoil.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Twice-Tokyo-Sig.gif

• yea, i read about it in an article before!

its sad how ppl assume that she got into snsd without any effort of her own.

she didnt even ask to be lsm's niece ;(

she was just born into it

And her family and her uncle do not even get along ;( so like it just happened that way, it was not something she planned

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Twice-Tokyo-Sig.gif

• This is 2000 and late lol.

It's pretty well known that Sunny uncle is LSM and she got in SM without him even knowing. Everyone has denied any favouritism especially when you compare to other members like Taeyeon or Yoona who got a lot of opportunities then Sunny despite her connections. Hell arguably Tiffany is the closest to LSM from SNSD rather than Sunny.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!