What's your fav song of JYP nim?

• My fav is

Don't leave me

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't know his songs, so I will put this one

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So sexy :lover1:

• CHOREO OF THE CENTURY :groovins:

External Content www.youtube.com

~ ω

• If collaborations are allowed, it'd be "Itaewon Freedom":

If not, then it'd be his aforementioned debut song, "날 떠나지마 (Don't Leave Me)". Here's the plastic pants performance:

• So many good ones.... in terms of lyricism, this is my favourite:

It was a stunning review of the life he had led so far, and what he wants to do in the future, and his search for answers that eventually led to his conversion to Christianity. When you talk about artists putting their personal life stories into their music, this is as real as it gets. It's a great exploration of mid-life crisis, as appropriate for the title track of an album called "Halftime". It peaked at #9 on the Gaon Digital chart. Even teenagers could relate, since it's still a deeply-meaningful song for anyone having an existential crisis. You can see his interview talking about the meaning of this song here. I would place this song as the start of the "JYP three values" of Honesty, Sincerity/Diligence and Humility that all artists in his company know about.

I also loved his duet with Ga-In of Brown Eyed Girls in 2012, during his post-divorce-pre-conversion-party-hard phase:

Such a smooooth song... And here he isn't playing the sexbomb image for comedy (unlike, say, Fever or Who's Your Mama), but really genuinely trying to portray a sexually-attractive man dealing with the temptations of adultery / going back to his ex. Plus, Ga-in's voice and the music track itself is so great. This. THIS is the reason why TWICE's mothers and grandmothers asked them for tickets and backstage passes to JYP's concerts. Not the comedic old perv that he plays in Fever or Who's Your Mama. This guy, in this music video, is what got all the women of his generation blushing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!