TREASURE JAPAN DEBUT ANNOUNCED

• YG's shitty producers once again being to proud. They just can't deal with the thought that a non YG person produces a song for a YG artist. Like AVEX doesn't have people that could help with producing original japanese songs for Treasure. (btw. how stupid is AVEX for not pushing for original japanese songs from Treasure?).

Why not just release Asahi's produced songs? "Fantasy" has a more memorable sound than most of Treasure's current songs.

The japanese music industry has been stale for a while now and this is Treasure's chance to make it big there.
    That won't happen if YG continues to not care about the japanese fandom. Just look at how much success JYP has with NiziU in Japan despite Twice reject songs with cringy rap parts and poor performance and singing skills of the girls. I like the NiziU girls but their performances aren't very good (some of them couldn't even keep balance on one leg in their Step and a Step performance).

Well, just disappointing from YG...

• I prefer that because the boys are tired and should rest.
    It's just the beginning of their Japanese career.

• I prefer that because the boys are tired and should rest.
    It's just the beginning of their Japanese career.

Tbh YG could wait if ever.

Not as Treasure could go in Japan while pandemic too. Better to wait and release single with original japanese songs. (They'll not be able to really promote them too so it doesn't change anything)

At this rate, looks like YG just want release quickly half-baked japanese songs to ship Treasure in Japan doing concert once pandemic is over.

I thought YG would take japanese market seriously but no... We aren't in early 2010s and it's not like this they'll win japanese market. Sorry for YG stans but with this strategy no wonder none of YG groups really was in "top" in Japan. At the end, I can't see anyone be close to TVXQ japanese popularity soon. YG have japanese members knowing what work in their country and they CAN compose but instead, they waste it... Japanese market isn't like korean market too. Japanese prefer singles to albums AND prefer support people who don't look like go there only to get their money (so people releasing original have better chances). Also most/all people supporting Treasure in Japan right now are kpop community from Japan. So most of them already bought their korean album and will not really see the use to buy same songs again (even if it's in japanese). Release original songs would gather fans OUTSIDE of kpop community too. That's because TVXQ was aiming people having no interest about kpop tgat they hit so many fans and are still see as a Jpop group in Japan.

Can't approve YG decision this time.

I hope they'll wake and change strategy next time release ONLY original songs in Japan. Let our J-line have their own songs too gosh. Avex is really good to compose songs too (almost all japanese discography of TVXQ is from them)

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• I really think y'all talking about this decision like it's the end of the world.
    I think it's kinda good, they gonna have Beautiful and all the title tracks in japanese.

I mean they clearly gonna have originals songs after. IT'S JUST THE START.

At this point y'all want Treasure to break all the records and dominate the world on day one. It's just a way to officially set Treasure in Japan, after that they'll be able to release songs and all.

Wait and see.

YGE handled Treasure perfectly during these 5 first months, and it will probably continue like this this year.

• Sorry but it's hard to believe YG anymore. Each time, people were thinking after debut they would release original songs for their groups but it never happened. (Or it was really RARE).

A debut is IMPORTANT and build image of a group.

But YG is saying to J-teume: Well, why release original songs for you, you'll still buy anything.

I'm not saying they'll not release Original in Japan later but it's hard to believe YG. They never worked with producers outside of their agency and despite having Avex with them, they don't use them at all right now. (Avex was responsable of 90% of TVXQ japanese discography, it's not like they didn't know how release songs Japan love).

Yedam said how he worked on a japanese song with Asahi too. So why not include it?

First image is important and Japan is hard to please. Mostly now that all Kpop groups come in their country releasing their kpop songs in japanese getting money of japanese and doing tour right away. It's like saying to their japanese fans they see them as money bag.

Only way to save the situation right now would be YG releasing a TV show in JAPANESE on Japan TV to attract new fans OUTSIDE of Kpop community in Japan.

I would prefer 1000000000% beautiful + a new title track original song as debut in Japan (single) to a full album with ONLY 1 original japanese songs.

The fans they have in Japan right now are from Kpop community and already bought their korean release.

Sure, I don't think they'll flop but 100% sure whatever results they'll get would be better if YG released original song(s). At this point any agency is doing better in Japan than them.

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• No no no and no.

I Think It's Time You Put The Past In The Past. GIF - RafeSpall PastIsPast MoveOn GIFs

• Dude research first before typing. First of all, Japan is known to have different ways of listening to music that is on CD, Bluray and etc. Second, everybody does that, its not only YG. Third, Can you just chill?? They're just starting. I was even shocked that they included an original japanese song cause normally they will just have japanese version of their songs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!