Is Momoland truly an one trick pony?

• This is by no means a bashing thread.

I just finished listening to everything Momoland has released after being familiar with only Bboom Bboom and BAAM and whenever I listen to a new discography I try to keep an open mind and look for songs that I like but y'all, their albums are so... All their power seems to be in the title track, as the sides are nothing but fillers. In Bboom Bboom's case that worked well; it was a really fun song but they tried to follow the exact same formula with BAAM and I'm So Hot and it feels like their company is making me listen to the same song over and over again.

I really wanted to like them, because they're really talented and sweet girls but their company does them so dirty.

What are your thoughts on this?

• yeah they overused their own concept/sounds

also they are not selling anything

Rady or Not had like 700 sales in 1st day...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's true but, I feel like it's unfair to judge them for it because it's obvious that their company only sees them as quick moneymakers for the time being.

I think that the girls' have a lot of wasted potential because their company is forcing them to dance easy choreographies for the sake of "meme culture" and sing songs that have no uniqueness between them. None of the title tracks that I have heard have real choruses.

• yeah they overused their own concept/sounds

also they are not selling anything

Rady or Not had like 700 sales in 1st day...

I just listened to it now. Ready or Not is a cute song but it still has the same "jazz/cartoon sounding dance break" formula to the chorus. The concept looked so promising but I felt the same way with I'm So Hot and that wasn't a good "revamp" for their image.

Ngl, I feel like their sales are so low because Yeonwoo left.

• I kinda agree. BBoom BBoom was such a tremendous success that the company tried to replicate it by releasing very similar songs. Well, why not after all. I like BAAM and So Hot. The main problem, in 2019 the Taeha/Daisy controversy broke out, Yeonwoo left the group; therefore Momoland had to lay low for a while.

They released only one song in 2020. The previous release before that was only a single as well. So they kinda became irrelevant.

• It's true but, I feel like it's unfair to judge them for it because it's obvious that their company only sees them as quick moneymakers for the time being.

I think that the girls' have a lot of wasted potential because their company is forcing them to dance easy choreographies for the sake of "meme culture" and sing songs that have no uniqueness between them. None of the title tracks that I have heard have real choruses.

Yeah, by no means is this their fault. I feel like their company reacted very poorly to Bboom Bboom's unexpected success and thought that repeating the same formula over and over again is going to work. This also put the poor girls in a very awkward position.

• I kinda agree. BBoom BBoom was such a tremendous success that the company tried to replicate it by releasing very similar songs. Well, why not after all. I like BAAM and So Hot. The main problem, in 2019 the Taeha/Daisy controversy broke out, Yeonwoo left the group; therefore Momoland had to lay low for a while.

They released only one song in 2020. The previous release before that was only a single as well. So they kinda became irrelevant.

actually Thumbs Up came out on 30th december 2019

then Starry Night on 11th June 2020

and finally Ready or Not on 17th November 2020

they even won on 9th January 2020 with Thumbs Up, and video from it went viral because they hella cried after win.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, by no means is this their fault. I feel like their company reacted very poorly to Bboom Bboom's unexpected success and thought that repeating the same formula over and over again is going to work. This also put the poor girls in a very awkward position.

Definitely. It's sad that they peaked with Bboom Bboom because they could've been a really promising unique girl group.

• actually Thumbs Up came out on 30th december 2019

then Starry Night on 11th June 2020

and finally Ready or Not on 17th November 2020

they even won on 9th January 2020 with Thumbs Up, and video from it went viral because they hella cried after win.

Oh right, I totally overlooked Starry Night. Wasn't it some kind of collab though? I usually pass on OST, collab songs and the likes.

I also missed that they got a win for Ready Or Not. I think the fact they were so emotional shows they'd like to do more. Which I think they could.

• their company is a nugu company at the end of the day. they got lucky with Bboom Bboom and BAAM, but fundamentally their company is not equipped to manage a successful group

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!