Return of Gen 2? Gen 4 = 2.5?

• So recently brave girls got what they deserved which is great and olde rmusic has been trending but do you guy think it's more than that?

I have a pop theory where there's 3 stages

The initial burst of creativity, yes a lil manufactured to an extent but there's alot of personality it alot of new ideas.(gen2)

And when that wave it over it gets regulated trends are established and people t y to follow them as there's more direction and more focus is put to how they promote rather than the content.(gen 3 was about singles and shows)

Then eventually it gets oversaturated due to everyone following certain trends and it collapses in on itself right in time with the beat drop. It feels very loud and chaotic then fades out as the stobe lights go off (late gen 3 now gen 4ish)

Which causes an industry revamp using past elements but with new creative directions to refresh the genere.

Easier example is how we got lady Gaga, rihanna and Katy Perry right? But then after them pop starts were kinda....Eh with Ariana holding the pedistal by herself basically (with the 5th harmony girl around somewhere) whos sound blended with the hip-hop trend at the time and now we're back at it with Dua Lip a solid pop girl. That's in the time span of 10 years (Since born this way)

I feel like this is kpop getting back to basics.

• people just arent supporting the groups that deserve.

after school deserved to be the love scenario of 2021, yet its floating somewhere under 600 on melon.

no one supported the boyz when they were bright and everything we needed, but no ones they've mainstream-ified themselves everyone is out there cheering em on.

shut up and stream after school <3

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Never understand statments like Artist/Group X "deserves" a hit and fame. I mean, no artist or group deserves success more than any other group.

When it comes to changes in popular music styles, a lot are also driven by the technology development. New inventions make it possible to create new sounds and with that a new kind of music, like the synth created a new typ of music in the 70-80ies. Today we have both simple and advance software where one person can create a song by himself useing all kind of software.

Also, when it comes to kpop it's of cource are influenced by western pop music, so changes in wester pop music will effect kpop because a lot of the song writters are from US and Europe.

But the "oversaturated" and trend theory is kind of right I would say. Companies and artist often copy and follow popular trends and the same time as fans often try to find something similar to what they already like. So if a group break through and get popular with a new kind of music and concept it's not suprising others will follow and we have change in the trend.

If I would make a wild guess for the coming trend for kpop is that maybe the "cute concepts" will make a bit of comeback, but maybe a bit more mature compared to the "Schoolgirl" concept Gfriend an others did before.

• Official Post

Easier example is how we got lady Gaga, rihanna and Katy Perry right? But then after them pop starts were kinda....Eh with Ariana holding the pedistal by herself basically (with the 5th harmony girl around somewhere) whos sound blended with the hip-hop trend at the time and now we're back at it with Dua Lip a solid pop girl. That's in the time span of 10 years (Since born this way)

idk what pop music you're listening to, but there were plenty of pure pop acts between Gaga, Rihanna, and Katy Perry and Dua Lipa.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!