Kpop is like Sports

• People love to talk about this group v group, this artist v that artist and so forth

I'm a fan of Basketball and the endless debates over who's the GOAT who has better stats etc etc is exactly the same as kpop fans arguing over daesungs, PAKs, stats, achievements, endorsements you name it there'll be a comparison.

Because at the end of the day in some aspects Kpop is like a sport - it is COMPETITIVE

Each group has its fans and they are competing for views, sales, endorsements etc.

Each group's fans will obviously support their own "team" and cuss out other teams because having supported one's team you're obviously not going to support the "enemy" team (where are my multis at? holla!!!!).

There are also direct face-offs such as award season and music shows - one compete against each other for daesungs, bonsangs etc.

I just thought I'd share my thoughts

• yes. people say the current era is so much better than the previous era and the players were much stronger and athletic than the previous one. no one cares about those who paved the way.

• sports seems less toxic somehow

i've never heard of bears fan doxxing or sending death threats to green bay fans.

or maybe i just don't know enough about it

A guy I know was beaten by someone in the same "fandom" for criticizing their team in a bar.

Also, there's a lot of physical fighting among football fans. Just search for English hooligans. English clubs were even banned from UEFA for 5 years. At some places, if you're seen wearing a shirt from the opposite club, people will want to beat you.

• The difference is sports are meant to be drum up adversaries, they are playing against each other after all. Kpop is just music. No idol is up against another with shit like money on the line, a trophy on the line or even just bragging rights the definitive best team in the country/world for the time being. Kpop fans are fighting each other over nothing that matters

• yes. people say the current era is so much better than the previous era and the players were much stronger and athletic than the previous one. no one cares about those who paved the way.

MJ, pippen, stockton, malone, barkley, robinson, kemp, olajuwon - so many

• really? that's disturbing...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

soccer fights are no joke.

• I guess 1st gen were closer to sports with fans going to brawls and some top groups having some animosity toward each other.

I see Kpop more like console wars.

PC masterrace baby!!!! :)

The difference is sports are meant to be drum up adversaries, they are playing against each other after all. Kpop is just music. No idol is up against another with shit like money on the line, a trophy on the line or even just bragging rights the definitive best team in the country/world for the time being. Kpop fans are fighting each other over nothing that matters

I think kpop started that way (peaceful) and as you get more fans more money more everything it just naturally became more competitive. Sure its not direct competition and that's why kpop fans fight over it

Like Basketball Lakers v Heat 2020 - Lakers won so like there's a conclusion an answer a finality that Lakers were the best team in 2020 NBA but kpop there is no definitive answer. Group A has some achievements group B has some achievements they they'll fight over them (and the music obviously) but because there's no set winner there'll never be a definitive answer so the fans just keep fighting (and sometimes i get a good laugh out of it :D )

• true, back in the day Cristiano Ronaldo fan vs Lionel Messi fan were less toxic.

they compete for who's the best in term of talent.

at the end of the day sport teams are actual playing against each other with talent, team work and tactics.

Kpop stan compete for who's more popular is a joke to me.

But it's fun to read tbh. lol

• I think i wrote it above when i said there is some sort of finality in sports. Like in football - there is a score either Barcelona wins or Jeventus but kpop there's no finality so they just keep arguin but i do agree it is fun sometimes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!