which one is worst : west paparazzi or kpop sasaeng?

• paparazzi of britney and kardashian level vs typical sasaeng fans ?

for those who dk how west paparazzi look like (back then atleast cuz i never seen Ariana or Taylor got mobbed by paparazzi)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• sasaengs. they've poisoned idols. they cut themselves because of idols and send the blood to the idols. sasaengs broke into idols hotel rooms and kissed them while they sleep. sasaengs cause way more anxiety.

• I don’t know many sasaeng stories but they sound toxic and dangerous - literally illegal things (breaking and entering, physical harassment)

BUT it doesn’t happen TOO OFTEN

In the west it’s more of a distant stalking situation, no privacy regardless

But it happens ALL THE TIME

Like there’s no escape from it

They balance each other out but I think being a kpop idol is more scary and dangerous than a western celebrity

• Most of the paparazzi still have a behavior code even though it is still very extreme. Sasaengs do not have any fine line and are mentally ill people who live to stalk someone or do more. Even if that person is not in the spotlight anymore and paparazzi would stop after they do not get any money out of it.

• I think there are two things to take in consideration :

- If we're talking about the individuals, then I think the saesengs are worst. They are obessed, mentally unbalanced, and there is no telling what they could do. Paparazzi at least won't try to break into someone's appartement to steal things, nor would they physically attack people, as it's sometimes the case with saesengs.

- However, if we're talking about the culture surrounding them, paparazzi are a lot more 'accepted' in our societies than saesengs. An entire economy lives out of them, and this makes life a lot more complicated for any celebrities. In cases like Britney Spears, paparazzi ruined her life ( sort of ) but they still seem to get a free pass, for money reasons.

• Classical Western Paparazzi without a doubt, they are not beyond causing bodily harm, car accidents etc and have caused at least two deaths, although a better comparison would be to stalker fans in the West. Then the death toll goes way up...

Nowadays, paparazzi are not as bad as they used to be so I can see why many of you would feel that saesangs have a worse track record

• Sasaengs. Western paparazzi get called by the celebrity's manager so 9 times out of 10, the celebrity will know that they are coming. Sasaengs are just creepy rich kids that think that they'll marry their idol.

• Paparazzi don't really give a fuck about the celebrities they're stalking. They just want money. They should be following the law (even if it's too lax), and I'd like to think most of the time they do, because being charged with a crime would affect their livelihood.

Sasaengs are emotionally invested to the point of obsession, possessiveness, and delusion. Plus they pretty much do everything paparazzi do with the added bonus of being mentally unstable and being okay with breaking the law.

I'm going to go with sasaengs being worse.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!