Open relationships

• What's your opinion on them???

Deep down I want my boyfriend to be loyal to me, since I'm super loyal myself. But I'm also super jealous. And somehow I feel like an open relationship would make me less jealous and less delusional if that makes sense.

If it's a closed relationship I'll doubt him all the time and just assume that he's cheating. So in an open relationship at least he's honest about it and I don't have to be so delusional.

• So, I think we should talk about this in more detail so, an open relationship means they can sleep with who they like and not tell you or anything. Which may lead to risks of STIs among other things. I think what you are looking for is an Polyamorous relationship which is where there are multiple partners and you do not have to worry about dishonesty or nondisclosure of information as in healthy Poly relationships people sit down and discuss before adding anyone to the relationship chain and will always coordinate things, they also tend to lay down ground rules whereas open relationships are essentially a free for all.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• As long as people are communicating and everyone is respectful, it can be successful. My Bio mother has been Poly her whole life and I have two great other moms because of her relationships, they ended up being better moms than she did and so if there is something I cannot trust her with, I have two more moms to turn to even if they are no longer involved with each other because they all left the guy they were seeing. I personally do not know if I could do it, I did have one previously where both of my partners turned on me and kicked me out of my own home years ago but also my friend has been in one for 6 years and her, her husband and their girlfriend are very happy

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• Yeah I think that's more of an insecurity issue than an open vs. closed relationship issue. In a healthy, stable closed relationship, you both should be able to trust each other enough to not cheat. You should be able to trust and communicate with each other strongly.

I personally don't have any issue with open relationships as long as all parties are consenting and aware. I'm not sure if I'd do it myself though.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Yeah I think that's more of an insecurity issue than an open vs. closed relationship issue.

I think the problem is me getting obsessed with a man. So in an open relationship, if I sleep with other men, it might make me less obsessed with just one person.

Everytime I enter a relationship it feels like I'm inside a bubble.

• I think the problem is me getting obsessed with a man. So in an open relationship, if I sleep with other men, it might make me less obsessed with just one person.

Everytime I enter a relationship it feels like I'm inside a bubble.

Yeah I guess I can understand. I think the best you can do is to be as communicative as possible. That helps mitigate a lot of issues. And be sure to give yourself your own space and time away from your partner to catch breaks and rejuvenate.

Just, don't go into open relationships thinking it will be key to all your problems because that also needs plenty of communication and care as well. All types of relationships have their own sets of problems.

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Yeah I guess I can understand. I think the best you can do is to be as communicative as possible. That helps mitigate a lot of issues. And be sure to give yourself your own space and time away from your partner to catch breaks and rejuvenate.

Just, don't go into open relationships thinking it will be key to all your problems because that also needs plenty of communication and care as well. All types of relationships have their own sets of problems.

True. I can't give my opinion on what open relationships feels like since I've never been in one. I can only say what I think it will feel like. But that doesn't have to be the truth. When it does happen, it might feel completely different.

• True. I can't give my opinion on what open relationships feels like since I've never been in one. I can only say what I think it will feel like. But that doesn't have to be the truth. When it does happen, it might feel completely different.

Yup, and that's perfectly fine. Regardless of what kinds of relationships you have in the future, I wish you the best! :claps:

• Im asexual so I dont feel the need to fuck tbh. So for me its really hard to understand how someone could be that horny that they have to be in an open relationship. It just doesnt exist in my world because no matter how much someone would explain im destined to not understand it. Just how other people prolly dont understand how I cant feel the need to fuck xD

Would I say Im against it? Yes. Would other people say that I judge from an unfair position because I feel no desire so I cant see their pov? Probably yes too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!