What was your favorite period/era as a kpop stan and why

• Idk if this has been asked before but I always enjoy seeing the perspective of other stans, older and newer. To me it is interesting as I think it likely varies across stans based on which groups you follow and when you joined the fandom.

I began stanning BP and Twice in 2018 but wasn't super engaged with the kpop community as a whole. That changed in 2020 with Blackpinks comeback. I got much more into the kpop community as a whole and began listening to many other groups (mostly girlgroups :-) ). It just felt like a very exciting time in kpop with a lot of great music releasing around this time and the explosion of BP and BTS internationally. I dont listen to a lot of bg music but Dynamite and Gods Menu are still 2 of my favorite kpop songs. Long story short, I look back on 2020 very fondly as it felt like the time I REALLY got into kpop, got to experience my favorite groups first album release, great twice comeback, and discover a ton of great music.

So what would you consider your favorite time as a kpop stan?

• Idk if this has been asked before but I always enjoy seeing the perspective of other stans, older and newer. To me it is interesting as I think it likely varies across stans based on which groups you follow and when you joined the fandom.

I began stanning BP and Twice in 2018 but wasn't super engaged with the kpop community as a whole. That changed in 2020 with Blackpinks comeback. I got much more into the kpop community as a whole and began listening to many other groups (mostly girlgroups :-) ). It just felt like a very exciting time in kpop with a lot of great music releasing around this time and the explosion of BP and BTS internationally. I dont listen to a lot of bg music but Dynamite and Gods Menu are still 2 of my favorite kpop songs. Long story short, I look back on 2020 very fondly as it felt like the time I REALLY got into kpop, got to experience my favorite groups first album release, great twice comeback, and discover a ton of great music.

So what would you consider your favorite time as a kpop stan?

2018-2020 was the golden era for me

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• I didn't get into K-pop until 2020, starting with BTS. Now, four years later, while I no longer stan them, I've become a fan of around 60 other groups. My favorite era has to be when Infinite officially regrouped and made their comeback. It was an incredibly happy time for me. I had always loved their music but hesitated to fully dive into their albums and discography, fearing they might never promote again. Once I saw they were back and promoting, I dropped everything to immerse myself in their music. I bought every soloist album, every version—everything I could find. Infinite now makes up the largest part of my K-pop collection. Every solo song by the members is amazing, their music is fantastic, and their personalities are so fun. Despite being heavily into J-pop right now, I still love my Infinite.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!