Wth...ILLIT

• I was going through Sunmi's recent comeback and this showed up on my recs

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Blink twice if you need help girlies! (no pun intended) :angryr:

All jokes aside, i was surprised at how much Moka fits this concept (idk if its the styling/vocal tone or both)! What if ILLIT go full on Wondergirls level retro in next comeback? It will be interesting, i think it will balance out Yuna against other girls too. For me she sticks out like a sore thumb in their cutesy concept but here it didnt feel as much.

What are your thoughts?

• it's funny because ILLIT's choreographer or creative guy just posted few days back something "why are everyone bringing back those trends from 30 years ago?" xD and you suggest retro lol

• or maybe he just wants to cut that comparisons to NJ and accusations about copying

so he would prefer to give them different concept

Wondergirl concept is totally different from whatever NJ is doing rn tho, its disco-pop where as NJ is currently leaning more towards hiphop. As far as ik they havent done anything that overlaps with Wondergirls (correct me if i am wrong).

• Wondergirl concept is totally different from whatever NJ is doing rn tho, its disco-pop where as NJ is currently leaning more towards hiphop. As far as ik they havent done anything that overlaps with Wondergirls (correct me if i am wrong).

hm during R U Next trainees covered songs like

APink Dumhdurum

KARA When I Move

aespa Dreams come true (which as you probably know is remake of SES song)

Wonder Girls Tell Me

After School Bang

I think ILLIT is not too long on the market so it's hard to expect this or that, but well for doing such disco pop they would need 2-3 main vocalists? but then it's HYBE so they can cook something...

• Yeah i have no idea what kind of comeback they will have, maybe double down on cute concept or a complete retransformation because of ongoing scandals?

Its just this performance made me look at the group a little differently - think they can pull it off but yeah vocals are probably an issue but that too i guess mostly on music show encores - rest not so much.

• Dang...... was he trying to blatantly fish them into his label in public like this???????

The nerve of the guy!

Just kidding.

For a tiny moment, I thought they were JYP's group.

Then I did my homework.

They must have had a blast with the collaboration.

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't bout how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward." ~ Rocky Balboa

xgSyBVJ.jpg

• I think jyp has collabed with every single GG by now :holding-back-tears:

I only clicked because I couldn't believe what I was seeing either

• Wondergirl concept is totally different from whatever NJ is doing rn tho, its disco-pop where as NJ is currently leaning more towards hiphop. As far as ik they havent done anything that overlaps with Wondergirls (correct me if i am wrong).

Wondergirls has retro concept, lol.

"The Wonder Girls are known for their signature retro sound and concept. Their music has been noted to contain elements from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.[3] The Wonder Girls are known as "South Korea's Retro Queens",[2] as their music has been noted to contain elements from the 1960s, such as in their hit "Nobody", 1970s, such as in the reggae track "Why So Lonely", and 1980s, heard on the songs "Tell Me", "So Hot", "2 Different Tears", "Be My Baby" and "I Feel You""

The song itself "when we disco" heavily influenced by 80 music euro dance. So if you think this song or wondergirls fit with Illit concept, prepare for next "illit does copy NJ trying to follow retro trend". Better not go down that road.

From wiki for when we disco:

Park said to have used "typical instruments of the European disco genre and recorded with the equipment imbued with 80s vibes to fully recreate nostalgic melody.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!