I think Pledis is really preparing to lose Seventeen

• Cuz the heck with TWS' budget just for an album trailer?? it's not even MV trailer. This might be the most refreshing trailer and the best trailer I've ever seen ( I am subjective)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Horanghae:p

• I noticed that but I think something is going on at Hybe. Looks like they are waking up and decided to stop doing the bare minimum because even Enhypen is getting a movie director for their comeback trailer, this time, physicals will be released on the same day for everyone AND they are even getting a vinyl version!!!

• They did. I don’t think OP truly believe Pledis will lose SVT.

Seventeen as a group has very little chance to break apart. But them staying in Pledis forever isn’t a guarantee and I said this as a carat. Esp knowing Hybe basically change all Pledis managerial positions and a lot of things has changed. Pledis definitely not “Pledis” anymore. Plus them staying this long is already a world record for big numbered group who broke 7 years curse, but I cant see them stay becoming idols in 40s

• Seventeen as a group has very little chance to break apart. But them staying in Pledis forever isn’t a guarantee and I said this as a carat. Esp knowing Hybe basically change all Pledis managerial positions and a lot of things has changed. Pledis definitely not “Pledis” anymore. Plus them staying this long is already a world record for big numbered group who broke 7 years curse, but I cant see them stay becoming idols in 40s

Yes and it’s the same for every group but they just signed again so there’s no urgency.

Investing in a new group is the normal thing to do. What is refreshing is them deciding to put money on creativity and just not doing the bare minimum because they know fans will buy anything anyway.

• Yes and it’s the same for every group but they just signed again so there’s no urgency.

Investing in a new group is the normal thing to do. What is refreshing is them deciding to put money on creativity and just not doing the bare minimum because they know fans will buy anything anyway.

IKR!! It’s just gotten so boring when agencies already feeling “secure” that they can just put some half assed work cuz they know the fans will buy it anyways. This is indeed refreshing to see

• Seventeen as a group has very little chance to break apart. But them staying in Pledis forever isn’t a guarantee and I said this as a carat. Esp knowing Hybe basically change all Pledis managerial positions and a lot of things has changed. Pledis definitely not “Pledis” anymore. Plus them staying this long is already a world record for big numbered group who broke 7 years curse, but I cant see them stay becoming idols in 40s

That plus upcoming military service will wreck any plans for a CB and any opportunities for the agency to make money. So they heavily invest in tws while slowing sunsetting svt. 13 members of which 9 have military duty coming up? Only way this group sees a cb within a year is if they all enlist at once. If not it will be well over a decade before you see a full group CB

• That plus upcoming military service will wreck any plans for a CB and any opportunities for the agency to make money. So they heavily invest in tws while slowing sunsetting svt. 13 members of which 9 have military duty coming up? Only way this group sees a cb within a year is if they all enlist at once. If not it will be well over a decade before you see a full group CB

So far who wont be serving in military are

- jun

- hao

- joshua

Vernon has Korean passport

And Pledis still yet to announce the military line up mechanism. But they do said enlistment wont affect the group’s schedule. So it’s still kinda open to interpretation

• Right like I said 9 serving. You forgot scoups he's medically exempt grade 5 means he can NEVER serve under any capacity not even basic training, reserve, or public service.

• Yupp but I’m not sure for how long. And having only 1 big act is not a good sign for an agency

Whatever the reason(s) behind it, I like this kind of quality for them! Def. one of the most slept on HYBEsha affl'ed. groups but one with the right ingredients for mass appeal.

Well thats true. But at the same time if they ain’t willing to spend it then there’s nothing different

If the group is consistently profitable, isn't this a form of reinvestment ("spending money to make more money")?

• Whatever the reason(s) behind it, I like this kind of quality for them! Def. one of the most slept on HYBEsha affl'ed. groups but one with the right ingredients for mass appeal.

If the group is consistently profitable, isn't this a form of reinvestment ("spending money to make more money")?

That's in theory, but if you look at seventeen's album "Your Choice" cover it's kinda questionable

• i agree w art direction sm. imo pledis really needs to take notes from a company like SM ent whose art direction even got me considering on buying some of red velvet and aespa’s albums despite me not being a part of their fandom nor into the members of those two.

I think Pledis did great with TWS, objectively. Seventeen is already so big that even if they throw some random design like what every this blasphemy is the fans would still buy it (yes I'm still petty about Seventeen's album design)

SEVENTEEN - 8th Mini Album 'Your Choice'

But I think they try harder for TWS since they're aware this group still in the phase to gather fans. Cuz the design of TWS' debut album "Sparkling Blue" looks cute and interesting, basically a notebook that you can actually use daily with a zipper lock pouch to keep photocards and inclusions. I saw some ppl said they bought it just because of the design

But yeah, Pledis needs to be more ambitious cuz they've been wasting so many opportunities given by Plot Twist :skull:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!