SM refuse to pay Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin for their EXO's activities + SM fail their promise of 5.5% for distribution but still demand to take 10% from their solo activities

• :sweatr1:  :pepefacepalm:

• As expected of SM, it was like this last time too. They drop new smear campaign, cbx refits it, SM backtracks lol

• This doesnt make sense. Werent CBX activities equally managed and scheduled by SM? So now EXO doing solos over group activities, or nothing at all, is their fault?

• Baekhyun_Anggeul

Changed the title of the thread from “SM refuse to pay Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin for their EXO's activities + SM demand 10% shares from their solo activities after agreeing to 5.5%” to “SM refuse to pay Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin for their EXO's activities + SM fail their promise of 5.5% for distribution but still demand to take 10% from their solo activities”.
  • So SM was already preparing to sue but were waiting for Baekhyun's comeback, INB100 hold the press conference to rush SM into suing before his comeback.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Seems like SM was estimating how much Baekhyun's solo can sell and was already calculating how much they can benefit from him. they are OBSESSED with him.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• hmmm.... I liked Exo and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but based on what I was reading SM never promised them 5.5% and did not include that in that revised contract. The person who did the contract (?) or something said that SM has a standard fee and that is not something he can change (nor authorized to change) therefore did not include it in the updated contract.

Meaning, so no verbal or written agreement per SM to change the standard fee of 10%. If what they claimed is true, SM has a decent shot at winning the case. I didn't look into it very deeply but it was published on some K site that specialized in legal matters.

• So SM was already preparing to sue but were waiting for Baekhyun's comeback, INB100 hold the press conference to rush SM into suing before his comeback.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

With the way they treat Baekhyun and EXO members overall, SM will need their own shaman soon enough.

• I'll ask this question again, where's Baekhyun lawyers?

Like, why trust a verbal promised? Even if there is an audio records, it's still hard to prove it before the court. Didn't they making revisions of the 2022 exclusive contract? Why not included the promised in it? Why even believed SM CEOs who he had been fighting for unfair treatment?

I get that maybe he wants to out of SM as soon as possible since he already lost 2 years in military, waiting for 3 more years maybe will be too long, and the more songs he released under SM the more grip SM has over him, but the contract was signed, terminated it will always be messy unless he has enough money to pay its fee in full. And no way SM would just let it go easy, since it'll make an example. Unless there're more to it that we don't know, from what has been released so far, seem like CBX don't have solid legal ground to stand on.

And tbh, if this is how he was tricked, two times, mind you, it's best for him to stay away from owning a business, especially in POP music scene where things are shady.

• I agree with your assessment. It sounds like they do not have the legal grounds to win this based on everything that has been revealed so far. If someone says I'll see if it can be done but it does not get in the contract that contract is still valid as was signed.

Sad to say this but his new company sounds kind of shady to be frank. I'll leave it at that. But I don't see them winning the public support in Korea unless something earthshaking happens.

• Thing that got me is 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 instantly siding with SM. Im like yeah the company that was known as Hitler of Kpop and was the reason 90% of the artist protection laws were written. And has been involved in many lawsuits over the years regarding it's artists and you are going to immediately side with the company 🤡🤡🤡🤡 SM could have changed and actually be tr victim this time BUT they literally created the stereotype soo until the full truth comes out it's smart to stay neutral

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!