As a Runext watcher, I really hate what Belift has done to the Illit girls, from their makeup to unnecessary cosmetic procedures they were given

• I didn't want to talk much about ps but just something obvious like veneers and make up.

As a Runext watcher, this is a huge reason why Illit's debut really bothered me. Their makeup is horrible, some of them have undergone unnecessary cosmetic procedures, and they are all wearing veneers for no reason. Their natural teeth is cute. They all looked great in Runext, so I don't understand why Belift and Hybe made this decision. This company's obsession with having 'perfect' faces is getting out of control. This happened just a few months after the girls debuted and I can't imagine how it turns out after years at this rate.

It really hurt to see Minju and Yunah especially, as they were my picks during the show.

Before:

Minju_Profile_1.jpg

ill-it-vogue-korea-profile-photos-group-yunah-individual-v0-tsl2dfi8gtlb1.jpg

After:

image (1).png

240510-ILLIT-Minju-at-Gimpo-International-Airport-documents-1.jpg

They gave her excessive aegyosal, veneers, and an extreme overbite for no reason. Hopefully, it won't hurt her jaw in the future. But even now, she can hardly make any facial expressions like she used to during the Runext stage.

Before:

8c4bf598b00fd96a8db4079784077f8b.jpg

c3b7a9dc2570af8d21e5d219db8c9694.jpg

Yunah_Profile_3.jpg

After:

1711367774-illit-media-showcase-yunah-3.jpg

240326-MBC-Naver-Post-ILLIT-Yunah-at-Weekly-Idol-documents-9.jpg

240504-Yunah-Weverse-DEBUT-SHOW-ILLIT-I-LL-SHOW-IT-documents-2.jpg

Yunah was so stunning during Runext and always stood out among the others, but now they've nerfed her. Her makeup during the Runext stage complemented her features, even when they tried soft makeup on her during the "Across the Universe" performance. Now, they are trying to make her look cute. And don't get me started on the veneers again.

Iroha and Wonhee were already wearing veneers during Runext. I told my friends that these two were already on the debut list because of that, and it turns out I was right 🤣. Moka is the only one whose makeup really suits her, and luckily, her veneers don't look as off as the others'. And one more thing, their eyebrows. Gosh, their old one compliment their faces just right.

• i had no idea groups were wearing fake teeth. i didn't even know what veneers were till you mentioned them here. something about it gives me a gross feeling. i don't know why teeth would make me feel any different from makeup and hair extensions but for some reason they do.

yeah all of the illit girls look pretty bad. they are definitely overdoing it. i didn't watch runext but i could tell watching them that they have some crazy stuff going on with their faces. it makes them unattractive

• They need to fire their make-up artist and stylists they're not giving justice to the girl's visuals. I even like them bare faced than them having make-up and styling since debut. That tells a lot on how worst their stylists and make-up artist were.

• I have never noticed people's teeth in my life but I did with these girls. Such a shame since their teeth were cute and suited their faces.

First time that teeth bothered me were ssullyoon's teeth. They are way too big for her, she looks awkward when she smiles.

As for illit; why the hell would they "fix" munju's teeth? They were perfect! I get why Yunah got veneers because they weren't perfect and they have to be perfect. But minju? Her teeth were way better! And how is pic 3 the same person as 1, 2 and 4. Jeez

• i had no idea groups were wearing fake teeth. i didn't even know what veneers were till you mentioned them here. something about it gives me a gross feeling. i don't know why teeth would make me feel any different from makeup and hair extensions but for some reason they do.

yeah all of the illit girls look pretty bad. they are definitely overdoing it. i didn't watch runext but i could tell watching them that they have some crazy stuff going on with their faces. it makes them unattractive

Almost everyone in Hollywood wears veneers. Regular people want their teeth to look like that too. Google Hollywood smile. Pretty smiles you see aren't their real teeth.

I don't have issues with getting veneers but they are too young for them ffs

Also, when i commented on Yunah standing out i didn't read your posts! So, we agree!

• What member? Girl crush? Only yunah's visual fits girl crush concept, the rest looks too cute. Which is why Yunah stands out, she's the first member i noticed (never watched their reality)

In that show, all Illit members except for Wonhee were girl crush material. Honestly, most of the contestants leaned toward that side. As someone who watched that show, it's easy to see how the concept changed throughout the series, and we, as fans, discussed this a lot on Reddit and Twitter before the show ended. Most of their missions were girl crush songs, with rare exceptions for other concept. Suddenly, their final song had two totally different concepts. At that time, we already speculated that the rise of NewJeans' popularity have influenced their original concept and gc is not doing as well anymore.

But when the final members were announced, many were still hoping they would have royal elegant concept at least, as that's the only one that fitting all the girls perfectly. We have Wonhee, who can only do a soft concept, while the others excel at the girl crush concept. Something like Ive image would work well as the middle ground for all of them. But many still hoped for a girl crush concept and that Wonhee could improve before debut because that's the comfort zone for almost all the members except her. No one ever expected they would come out with a cute concept like today.

When the show started, Wonhee was not their initial focus. Instead, Yunah and Jeemin were in the spotlight. Then, suddenly, the judges, especially Lee Hyun, started to favor Wonhee and the minors while being overly critical of the popular older contestants 🥴

• In that show, all Illit members except for Wonhee were girl crush material. Honestly, most of the contestants leaned toward that side. As someone who watched that show, it's easy to see how the concept changed throughout the series, and we, as fans, discussed this a lot on Reddit and Twitter before the show ended. Most of their missions were girl crush songs, with rare exceptions for other concept. Suddenly, their final song had two totally different concepts. At that time, we already speculated that the rise of NewJeans' popularity have influenced their original concept and gc is not doing as well anymore.

But when the final members were announced, many were still hoping they would have royal elegant concept at least, as that's the only one that fitting all the girls perfectly. We have Wonhee, who can only do a soft concept, while the others excel at the girl crush concept. Something like Ive image would work well as the middle ground for all of them. But many still hoped for a girl crush concept and that Wonhee could improve before debut because that's the comfort zone for almost all the members except her. No one ever expected they would come out with a cute concept like today.

When the show started, Wonhee was not their initial focus. Instead, Yunah and Jeemin were in the spotlight. Then, suddenly, the judges, especially Lee Hyun, started to favor Wonhee and the minors while being overly critical of the popular older contestants 🥴

Like i said, i never watched the show but i read some comments here and i don't remember wonhee ever being mentioned. I know that there was some shady voting in the final episode and that koreans decided who'll be in the group. Or at least their vore worth more.

Yunah would be great in le sserafim imo

• As a Once, I was disappointed that Nayeon lost her buckteeth and Mina got veneers. I loved their looks before (they're still very pretty but you know).

In the RUNext finale, Wonhee was the fan choice. Does anyone remember if that was always a thing on the show? I remember watching live and was surprised when they said there was a fan selection.

But with ILLIT's lolita/porcelain doll styling, it was off putting. They weren't that young (and I don't like that styling anyway).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!