need Jdrama recommendation

• I am not into jdramas but i have watched several jdramas such as Hana Yori Dango, Hana Kim, Mischevious Kiss etc

The problem of me with jdrama is i find the actors very overreacting & unnatural, and there are lots of weird & too much over the top scenes & characters, maybe i have watched the wrong ones

i actually liked the drama "A Girl & Three Sweethearts", actors weren't overacting it was a simple but interesting story so recommend some jdramas like this

• I agree with you. I like Japanese dramas the least for some reason. They have weird effects and the way of acting.

I watched only the most famous once as you.

And some action once like Gokusen, GTO...

My favourite are 3 old dramas bc of the unusual plot: Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Asuko march! and ofc 1 letre no namida (definitely the best, but very sad).

Nabunaga Concerto is good too.

Edited 2 times, last by Jk996 ().

• I watch J-Dramas for about 25 years so there are some older ones too :-)

Hanayome wa Yakudoshi!

This year is the yakudoshi, or "unlucky year" for 32-year old Akiko, a television announcer. She lost her position in a news program to a rookie announcer. What's worse, she is assigned to go undercover and experience life as a farmer's bride for a variety program. Akiko pretends to be the fiance of Ichiro, her ex-boyfriend, and begins her "bridal training" at the peach farm of Ichiro's parents. Awaiting Akiko is a family filled with extraordinary personalities, led by the stern mother-in-law, Yukie.

Honjitsu no Hare. Ijo Nashi

Narumi is a remote and peaceful island (modeled after the real-life island of Hateruma) that has much more need for a doctor than for police. But one day, Shirase Ryo, a policeman gets assigned there, to the disappointment of the residents. However, as he gradually becomes friends with the people living there, he begins to help them address their own problems and concerns for the future of the island.

Kekkon Dekinai Otoo

Shinsuke Kuwano, a successful architect at 40, enjoys living by himself. He doesn't like people but somehow is able to design wonderful houses for them. He has a routine of making himself a delicious dinner and then relaxing to classical music in his easy chair while pretending he is the conductor. One night, he plays the music loud enough to make his next door neighbor, Michiru Tamara knock on his door to complain. When Kuwano answers the door, he suffers a terrible stomach pain and collapses to the floor. Lucky for him, Michiru is nice enough to accompany him to the hospital, where he is treated by Dr. Natsumi Hayasake. He is really rude to Natsumi, but she is still determined to treat him. Afterwards, Michiru and Natsumi become part of Kuwano's life. They make friends with Kuwano's colleagues Eiji and Maya Sawazaki. They all enjoy talking about how strange and eccentric Kuwano is. Is it possible that someone would ever want to marry him?

Kurosagi

Kurosaki is a young man whose family was destroyed by swindlers. Despite that, Kurosaki grows up to become a con artist known as Kurosagi. As Kurosagi, he swindles other con artists and returns the money to the original victim. He works with the master swindler Katsuragi Toshio even though Toshio had a hand in the destruction of Kurosaki's family. Kurosaki's life begins to change when he meets Yoshikawa Tsurara, a young law student who disapproves of his disrespect of the law. Can she persuade Kurosaki to give up swindling and his quest for revenge?

Love Shuffle

Usami Kei is a salaryman who has risen in status due to his engagement with Mei, the wealthy daughter of his company's president. Shortly after she breaks off the engagement, a power failure leaves him stuck in the elevator of his apartment building. Trapped with him are three others living on the same floor - Airu, a trilingual interpreter, Ojiro, a model photographer, and Masato, a psychiatrist. While waiting, their conversation hits upon their love lives and the question of whether there is truly only one fated partner for everyone. As a result, they decide to try "shuffling" their relationships with each other.

Nodame Cantabile (acting is way over the top, but because its from a manga it works)

Based on the hit comic book by Tomoko Ninomiya, this is a fun-filled quirky romantic story of two very opposite people. Megumi Noda, or "Nodame" is a piano student at Momogaoka College of Music. An extremely talented pianist who wants to be a kindergarten teacher, she prefers playing by ear rather than reading the music score. She is messy and disorganized, takes baths several days apart and loves to eat, sometimes stealing her friend's lunchbox when it is filled with delicacies. Shinichi Chiaki, is Momogaoka's top student. Born into a musical family, he is talented in piano and violin and has secret ambitions to become a conductor. An arrogant multi-lingual perfectionist who once lived abroad in the music capitals of the world as a young boy, he feels mired in Japan because of a childhood phobia. They meet by accident. Nodame quickly falls in love, but it takes much longer for Chiaki to even begin to appreciate Nodame's unusual qualities. Their relationship causes them both to develop and grow. Because of Nodame, Chiaki got the opportunity to lead a student orchestra and begins to have a broader appreciation of people's musical abilities. Because of Chiaki, Nodame faces her fears and enters a piano competition. Opportunities open up as both begin taking risks, stretching themselves far more than they ever thought possible.

Summer Nude

Asahi Mikuri‎ya works at a photography studio, located near the sea. In the past, Asahi Mikuri‎ya dreamed of becoming a famous photographer, but now he as a cameraman for weddings and school events. Asahi Mikuri‎ya was also in love with a woman, but she suddenly left him. Natsuki Chiyohara‎ then appears in Asahi's life. Natsuki works as a manager at a well known Italian restaurant in Tokyo. During the worst moment in her life, when her boyfriend dumps her, Asahi appears and even takes a picture of that moment. Natsuki begins work as a chef at the "House of Sea," located in the same seaside town where Asahi lives. Asahi's former senior classmate runs the restaurant. Natsuki and Asahi have their past in common and they begin to get closer. Meanwhile, Taniyama is Asahi's former junior classmates. She holds feelings for Asahi.

Tatta Hitotsu no koi

A story of pure love between the son of a man who runs a ship repair factory beset with financial troubles and the well-bred daughter of a national jewelry chain store owner. The backdrop of the story is Yokohama. If you feel you have lost the purity of your soul by watching stories about womanizers seducing impudent women, or by carrying out calculated maneuvers in your own love life, here is a story for you. A boy and a girl from highly different social backgrounds meet and fall in love. Their love, of course, faces a lot of obstacles. The setting is in Yokohama, a modern port city known for its romantic atmosphere. Hiroto Kanzaki works hard every day and night for the survival of a small ship repair factory (inherited from his father) as well as the survival of his mother and younger brother, who are suffering from health problems. Living such an underprivileged life, Hiroto has forgotten how to smile. In contrast to him, Nao is the daughter of a popular jewelry shop owner in a fashionable street in Yokohama. She attends a prestigious exclusive women's college and grew up cheerful and blessed with affluent love. From the moment Hiroto meets her, his closed mind slowly opens up to Nao, who is so innocent that she utters whatever she thinks. Their three close friends, who are also 20 year old's, play an important role in their developing relationship. The scriptwriter is Eriko Kitagawa, who earned the nickname "The Goddess of Love Stories." This classic love story enables those who are in the same generation to feel empathy, or be envious of the characters' lives; and the rest, who were once 20 years old's, to reminisce about their own "Love of My Life."

Tokyo Tarareba Musume

30-year-old Kamata Rinko is single and a struggling scriptwriter. She has no boyfriend and keeps having night outs at drinking spots with her girlfriends Kaori and Koyuki. “If I become beautiful, a better guy will appear!” “If we grow to like each other, we can get married!” They will not stop talking about these hypothetical questions. Then a younger, handsome, golden-haired guy suddenly utters, “These “what if” women!” and the trio have to face the harsh reality that they are no longer girls. Rinko enters her 30s while still immature, seeking happiness and struggling with romance and work.

• I love "Tatta Hitotsu no koi"! It's such a beautiful drama.

• Where do you even watch Jdrama's? like years ago I used to go on a site called mysoju but was shut down and they had tons of Jdrama's and Taiwanese Kdrama's :0

I've been wanting to watch puzzle 2008 again and Mahoro ekimae bangaichi T_T

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!