Jungkook is now an official member of KOMCA (Korea Music Copyright Association), making him the 4th BTS member to be promoted as a full member following Suga, RM, and J-hope.

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ArmyTaglist

My favorite songs that he wrote and produced:

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com

• He hasn't been credited for their debut song, No More Dream yet, even tho he co-produced it lol

External Content twitter.com

• External Content twitter.com

• Something about January is fire for Jungkook. Last January 2023 kicked off with this

And January 2024 kicked off with him being a fully certified KOMCA member. 2024 is looking good for Jungkook too!

• He hasn't been credited for their debut song, No More Dream yet, even tho he co-produced it lol

He is credited on Proof, I guess KOMCA still needs to update it

• He is credited on Proof, I guess KOMCA still needs to update it

These last two weeks chile it must really suck for OT6ers, akgaes of other members and blonks (who really should be the very VERY VERY last people on Earth talking about songwriting) as well as bandwagon sheep kpop stans. It is best advised in this economy to never be a Jungkook anti. You'll be miserable and bitter for all eternity.

• These last two weeks chile it must really suck for OT6ers, akgaes of other members and blonks (who really should be the very VERY VERY last people on Earth talking about songwriting) as well as bandwagon sheep kpop stans. It is best advised in this economy to never be a Jungkook anti. You'll be miserable and bitter for all eternity.

His karma is always decisive. Every tongue that rises against him falls.

• Need some explanation from experts here, if there's any. Why am I not seeing Moonbyul on this list? She's the most credited female artist in Kpop, but I only see men.

Before you start thinking I hate JK, I'm just curious, it's not about him!

Then make your own thread. If Moonbyul hasn't been certified yet, you're quite frankly throwing self-shade at your own favs.

• Need some explanation from experts here, if there's any. Why am I not seeing Moonbyul on this list? She's the most credited female artist in Kpop, but I only see men.

KOMCA has 3 criterions, only get promoted if you fulfil them all...its is not number of songs but royalties those songs generate. Only Jungkook and Soyeon fulfilled the criterion and were promoted in 2024, for now.

There are some criteria you have to meet. It’s not just about the amount of credits but you have to be making at least 30million won each year from royalties alone. Also have to get approved by the committee and only two people per year are promoted

• There are some criteria you have to meet. It’s not just about the amount of credits but you have to be making at least 30million won each year from royalties alone. Also have to get approved by the committee and only two people per year are promoted

I don't think its stated that only two people get promoted each year, but obviously since few fulfil the 3 criterion only limited number of people get promoted each year. 25 people were supposedly promoted last year.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• Speaking of songwriting, he likes using a lot of imagery and metaphors for his lyrics...

There’s this video I watched sometime back about how BTS writes. And for JK’s part, he’s very fond of letter writing. As in his lyrics are always directed to someone else. Even in decalcomania, he writes to another version of himself. Very interesting style if you ask me

• There’s this video I watched sometime back about how BTS writes. And for JK’s part, he’s very fond of letter writing. As in his lyrics are always directed to someone else. Even in decalcomania, he writes to another version of himself. Very interesting style if you ask me

Are you perhaps referring to this?

External Content youtu.be

He does write extrinsically.

• KOMCA has 3 criterions, only get promoted if you fulfil them all...its is not number of songs but royalties those songs generate. Only Jungkook and Soyeon fulfilled the criterion and were promoted in 2024, for now.

That's madness! How is this even possible, she has 120+ credits and still doesn't generate enough royalties, while Soyeon who's working in the industry for 5 years, compared to Moon's 10 can generate enough royalties? Feels weird to me. Even tho I love Soyeon, I don't think G-Idle is that hyped so she can be in this list already.

I mean:

Moonbyul: 120+ with her first full album, it can be 130 or so.

Soyeon: 85 or so with their new album.

Before people start a war against me, again, like someone who's already ignored what I said, I'm not trying to throw shade, and I'm not hating on anyone. This is just feels weird for me. It's not like Mamamoo and its members, especially Moon, isn't that popular anymore. Especially in Korea. I think this system is unfair a bit, and I'm not saying this because she's not on this list. I would say the same about everyone else who has a lot of credit.

• Are you perhaps referring to this?

He does write extrinsically.

I don’t remember. I think so.

• It is very evident that they do not consider just having a large number of writing credits as a criteria for full membership but the impact and clearly the value generation of those credits. Also the committee members probably do not consider her contribution that significant for all we know, hence have not promoted her yet. As things stand Gidle is definitely a more influential and popular group and tbh Soyeon is more known for her songwriting contributions than almost any other popular female idol.

• My fave JK songs are...both were supposed to be on his mixtape

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• It is very evident that they do not consider just having a large number of writing credits as a criteria for full membership but the impact and clearly the value generation of those credits. Also the committee members probably do not consider her contribution that significant for all we know, hence have not promoted her yet. As things stand Gidle is definitely a more influential and popular group and tbh Soyeon is more known for her songwriting contributions than almost any other popular female idol.

I mean, yeah, Soyeon doing everything, not just writing and CUBE doing a WAY better job than RBW. Not that it's hard to be better company than RBW. They literally the dumb version of HYBE. 😅 I'm happy for every artist, especially in Kpop who get this achievement, because I always preferred musicians who write/compose and produce their own songs. It's just sucks for artists like Moonbyul, because it's basically all on RBW and their nonexistent PR work.

In my opinion, they should consider the number of credits too, because that would inspire other artists to write, compose and produce more songs.

• Listening to one of my fave BTS Japanese tracks composed by JK

• Moonbyul usually wrote only her rap and some lyrics. Soyeon writing lyrics, compose music and produce almost all g-idle songs. She's definitely get bigger royalties

• Moonbyul usually wrote only her rap and some lyrics. Soyeon writing lyrics, compose music and produce almost all g-idle songs. She's definitely get bigger royalties

That's true about Soyeon, but Moon wrote songs for other Idols too, even before Mamamoo debuted, and after she started her solo career she's doing the same thing as Soyeon. The problem here is that she's not as hyped, OR just KOMCA ignores her. Anyway, my point here is that she and many other Idols deserve the same recognition.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!