4 out of 6 NMIXX members have now featured on LeeMujin Service, building their reputation as vocalists

• I'm just pointing out the logic of this thread. If you are not able to understand that this show is used to promote artists and not to show any vocal ability since no one sings live that's not my problem.

Like i said ITZY got 3/5 members in the show so with this logic they're vocal group, any member of MMM came on this show so they probably don't know how to sing according to this same logic.

I mean, yes, it's obvously a show that is meant to promote artists. Having said that, the format in which they choose to promote artists is to ask the artists to demonstrate their vocal ability by singing a variety of songs, including a duet with the host. That's a legitimate way of showcasing the vocal ability of the artist, so I'm not sure what your argument is. It's even somewhat similar to IU's Palette in format, except of course, IUs's Palette is distributed on IU's official channel, while this is on KBS. The exposure level is different.

And for reference, Kim Feel, Heize, Jung Seunghwan, and even relative-unknowns like Ha Hyunsang have featured on the show, all of whom come from smaller agencies. Heck, Sohyang herself sang the Korean National Anthem on the show.

Or are you just salty that Mamamoo hasn't appeared on the show yet, so somehow this is taken as indication that they are not considered as good vocalists? It's not like it's necessary to appear on this show to be validated as a good vocalist... there are plenty of other considerations for media exposure, and plenty of other shows (Immortal Songs 2 being another one) where singers can showcase their vocal ability. I'm just saying that this show is another channel which is doing for NMIXX (and Seventeen) what Immortal Songs 2 did for Mamamoo. And just like Immortal Songs 2, there are plenty of artists that go on there to perform without necessarily having the best vocal talent to back it up. But it's definitely a way to showcase those that do have that talent. And the confidence that companies have in their artists to send them to shows like these. (EDIT: Just because ITZY is famed as a dance group doesn't mean their vocal skills are as poor as you may think they are. Similarly to how just because Mamamoo are famous as a vocal group doesn't mean their dance skills are poor.)

The difference between this and Immortal Songs 2 is that IS2 performs in front of a live audience, while this is a performance in a closed studio and is not structured as a competition. But that means that artists are free to choose songs which are not necessarily "competitive" (i.e. crowd-pleasers) and can genuinely choose to cover a wider variety of softer songs (quiet ballads), less popular songs, and songs which are personally-meaningful even if no one in the audience knows them.

• Haewon's really good and Lily has clear vocals. I recently went back and listen to Dash and Bae's voice caught me off-guard. Honestly didn't even know her name and had to search :holding-back-tears: .

I thought it was unique. When she enters at 0:30 mark, it reminds me of the soloist Youra's vocal tone. Sometimes there are really good singers or unique vocal tones within a group, and you just wanted them to release songs, it is all but a dream. :drinktears:

0:30 mark

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Youra's MIMI

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

---======--

• So that's mean the two group with most "vocalist" on the show are a group from HYBE and a group from JYPE, so maybe it's not really their talent that is taken into account. As usual kpop fans create some bullshit narrative.

and btw ITZY got 3/5 of their members in the show, so by your logic they're a vocal group. :pepe-shrug:

It’s actually a fact those this generation most talented vocal group is nmixx (there may be some other less known groups who may have better vocalists) but out of all the well known groups nmixx by far have the best vocals objectively.

You sound quite salty tbh. There was no reason for you to reply like this especially when you make no sense with your reply.

• it's true tho, who else in jyp can rap and write, no one. the best doesn't mean amazing you know

Chaeyoung rap is by far better than anyone else in jyp. Her rap fits twice songs, most kpop rappers can't even do that. No one in nmixx can rap even decently and itzy doesn't really have anyone who is known for their rap

Idk if a group isn’t known for a category I won’t like they’re best out of the lot in it. Know what I’m saying lol.

Twice are one of the best performers of their generation and have the best group chemistry so I’d say those are better qualities for them than “rapping and producing”. But that’s just me.

NMixx isn’t just “best vocally” at JYP they are overall really good even compared to many others. And Itzy are good dancers compared to all their peers not just in JYP.

So it’s weird to pick rapping and producing for a group that’s not known for that is all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!