Im worried for Lisa Solo

• I'm honestly worried that YG will mess it up for her. If you've seen BP Cultural appropriation most of the biggest is Lisa.

Exhibit A:

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/21028/forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/21029/

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/21030/

She is wearing box braids. There is still no apology from YG or Lisa herself and I was very hurt as a black blink.

Exhibit B:Screenshot (401).png

The object they edited out was a Hindu deity, I'm not Hindu but this is a religious piece for hindus. I cant say whether I was offended or not because I don't have the right sense im not hindu. But ya my girl got dragged yet again. I'm in no way saying another member hasn't got dragged for CA but it usually happens to Lisa. YG is pushing a "hip hop" kind of image for Lisa and most of us are expecting that for her solo. But with that, I'm worried YG will mess up(or Lisa herself) and a CA controversy will happen amid her solo which. Whatever YG does could make or break her solo debut.

women's wrongs activist

:lovec::cheersc::lovec:

• Yg's blunders ends in lisa getting dragged. Im a hindu and yes its a ca. At least they removed. Bp have only done 3 CAs so far. One of the least problematic groups imo

Edited once, last by Lilbp ().

• I'm apprehensive about it.

Like with all the others, CA probably wouldn't affect the success of her debut but it would make it less fun for fans because they'd be firefighting all over the place. And her anti fanbase will definitely be clearing their calendars for release day. It will be a sad day for them if they forensically examine every frame of the mv and come up with nothing.

She has a culture of her own that they could use, the same way they used modern hanboks for HYLT (mind you, that had western anti's trying to accuse them of culturally appropriating themselves) but they should take care about doing it in a respectful way. When this week you have Korean TV presenters cracking jokes about Lisa showing up to their concerts on an elephant, perhaps Korean knowledge of Thai culture is not as nuanced as it could be.

An upbeat heavy dance focused pop song in Celine outfits and Bvlgari jewelry and MAC makeup will do very nicely. As long as it's sportsluxe Celine and not the ugly brown floral dresses. I have personal beef with those...

Those rich fanbases of Lisa's should put together a quick crash course on hairstyles, AAVE, and other forms of CA and blast that on the omnipresent protest trucks for a week.

• Nobody cares about CA. Companies coddle people who cry about it i guess to minimize controversy but deep down, nobody cares. Real racism exists where people are literally being killed. CA aint it.

So bottom line, dont worry about CA. If enough people whine about something, YG will just issue their perfunctory apology and remove the offending item. Then in a week nobody will remember the non issue in the first place.

• I agree, YG would do it fo the shock factor to make her solo even bigger, I mean they had no problem with giving her braids in KTL. It still shocks me the length people go to to defend BP ca and racism against desi people as well. I hope we’re wrong and they don’t do anything like that.

Yg aint this dumb

• Seriously CA can happen, not everyone can know everything. And tbh I didn’t find the CA cases that problematic. Some freak out over CA more than actual racism. Anti’s will just use it as a weapon and if it’s not CA, it will be something else.

Don’t worry about that.

• Nobody cares about CA. Companies coddle people who cry about it i guess to minimize controversy but deep down, nobody cares. Real racism exists where people are literally being killed. CA aint it.

So bottom line, dont worry about CA. If enough people whine about something, YG will just issue their perfunctory apology and remove the offending item. Then in a week nobody will remember the non issue in the first place.

people are so easily offended nowadays. Sucks the life out of things

• Lol she can wear what hair style she wants. No culture owns hairstyles, in Europe i see some Girls having braids no one is offended in here.

• Idk I think they are moving on from the hiphop styling for her. I can see her solo will be something like her last lilifilm in terms of styling and overall vibe..

Your average ggs enthusiast...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!