"Macaroni Cheese" left my jaw on the floor

• I just watched the MV for Young Posse debut song and I have never been this stunned before by a kpop song/mv.

This doesn't even feel like Planet Earth. This is so....it makes me want to stan NewJeans.

What. The. Fuck. Happened. To. Humans.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's terrible.

It's like the worst combination of two facets of kpop.

On one hand they went all in with the modern kpop "I'm a cool swag edgy girl boss" aesthetic.

Then, in some kind of attempt to not turn out just another entry in the swag ubiquity new age kpop playbook, they decided. Hey let's add some Old School Kpop Cringe Charm.

Which..... I am usually an advocate for. Hell I love all the old kpop weird charm. Tilting My Head is my jam.

But.... This doesn't work.

Instead of hitting the strengths of either influence. It just leans into the worst of each.

It's boring monotone swag rapping is tiresome, boring, and uninspired.

And it's Macaroni madness rides the line too goofy to ever hit or benefit from a "this is the good kind of weird" sweet spot.

• I could almost forgive this whole thing if it was an older group with life experience to back up the swag. But this group is young as hell. There's a 13 year old on this damn roster.

I agree with your points as well.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I could almost forgive this whole thing if it was an older group with life experience to back up the swag. But this group is young as hell. There's a 13 year old on this damn roster.

I agree with your points as well.

It's such a strange combo lol.

And their name is the biggest miss.

Almost ensures they will not work entirely on it's own.

"Young.... Posse..."????

That kind of name was dumb even in it's hip-hop roots. And is ridiculous here.

Lol.

These poor girls got punked.

• At least it'll flop probably

I don't want anybody to flop though.

But how could the same company that gave us KARA and Rainbow think this was ok?

• Imma just say it. the way they delivered it kinda brings that innuendo theory back on the table.

That aside the song was really disjointed auditorily. The video feels like those wacky nonsensical sets like from the wiggles cover art or something

• It reminded me of NCT Cherry Bomb lol

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!