Koreans Are Upset Because K-Award Shows Are Continously Being Held Overseas In Southeast Asia & Japan

• The Seoul Music Awards are being held in Thailand again for this year

Screenshot_20230916_034427_Chrome.jpg

KNETZ :

Screenshot_20230916_034625_Chrome.jpg

------------------------------------

Mnet Asian Music Awards and the music bank festival are both being held in Japan

Screenshot_20230916_034913_X.jpg

The Asian Artists Awards are taking place in the Philippines this year too

Screenshot_20230916_035259_X.jpg

• Bullshit. It's all about ticket sale. It's just because the Korean audience ain't buying a ticket for 200k won nor filling a 40k - 50k capacity venue.

• Bullshit. It's all about ticket sale. It's just because the Korean audience ain't buying a ticket for 200k won nor filling a 40k - 50k capacity venue.

Some tickets for various concerts are ridiculously overpriced but Koreans go way too far the other way. 200k won is 160 bucks or so, that's actually a pretty damn reasonableprice to pay if you're a general Kpop fan who likes several groups. If there arent 40k Kpop fans in Seoul willing to pay this reasonable price to see LSRFM, Ive, NJ, Idle, Itzy, Seventeen, BTS soloists, NCT, etc all under one roof...then it's their fault that award shows move elsewhere.

• My opinion is, kpop isn't as relevant in Korea as it used to be, so these companies know that overseas is where its at.

Because if they hold a huge kpop award show in Korea, there's not gonna be many attendees...unless there's like a BTS or BLACKPINK or something, and even then BTS is the only ones that'll truly fill up a bunch of seats at a award show.

Wut? Have you been tracking the top songs this year? It's all Kpop songs literally. Ditto, Kitsch, I AM, Spicy, Kwinka, Seven, and Super Shy were the only songs to reach #1 on Melon Weekly until AKMU finally broke the string with their latest comeback.

• What one earth are you going on about. They definitely can fill up big stadiums in SK without BTS or BP :pepe-cross:

The Dream concert can get away with having one or two semi big artists to sell out Seoul Olympic Stadium.

Korean award shows just know they can put up extortionate prices for overseas fans as domestic fans see idols frequently

• What one earth are you going on about. They definitely can fill up big stadiums in SK without BTS or BP :pepe-cross:

The Dream concert can get away with having one or two semi big artists to sell out Seoul Olympic Stadium.

Korean award shows just know they can put up extortionate prices for overseas fans as domestic fans see idols frequently

This post isnt about my opinion, this is about what Koreans feel, so dont make it about me lmao.

And yeah of course it's the price lol

• This post isnt about my opinion, this is about what Koreans feel, so dont make it about me lmao.

And yeah of course it's the price lol

You literally edited out your opinion from the OP which is what I was responding to. You can see that people above have quoted it.

Are you being dense on purpose :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• You literally edited out your opinion from the OP which is what I was responding to. You can see that people above have quoted it.

Are you being dense on purpose :pepe-narrow-eyes:

No, im telling you this post isnt about my opinion like i said.

I deleted my comment on it, cuz people making it about me and not about the actual topic that I posted.

So now that I deleted my statement, now people can focus on the actual post😊

• I think it is for the same reason the Japanese, Chinese, and Americans are the biggest buyers of kpop albums.

Trueeee.

And most kpop listeners in Korea nowadays are casual listeners.

And won't really go out their way to buy a ticket or merch, depending on the group obviously.

• Trueeee.

And most kpop listeners in Korea nowadays are casual listeners.

And won't really go out their way to buy a ticket or merch, depending on the group obviously.

Then we need to consider how many of the fans attending these kpop concerts are Koreans, so we can really understand how much of a pull kpop groups have in korea.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!