Drama 'Vincenzo' criticized for 'Chinese bibimbap' PPL

• Drama 'Vincenzo' criticized for 'Chinese bibimbap' PPL

20210315000951_0_20210315193251402.jpg

20210315000952_0_20210315193251425.jpg

Article: "Song Joong Ki is eating Chinese bibimbap?" 'China money' infiltrates drama and movie productions

Source: Herald Econ via Naver

1. [+3,990, -28] The production companies are traitors for accepting such deals. They are willing participants in the Northeast Project of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.

2. [+1,741, -13] I shouldn't watch tvN anymore. I get that money's important but why do you have to accept such deals from China of all deals?

3. [+978, -47] It's not like these production companies are dirt poor.. they're just being greedy. Just wow.. this is going too far. How can you be so thoughtless? This is just so wrong. Joong Ki-ya, you would've gotten so much better media attention if you had rejected this...

4. [+410, -7] I can't believe people are only now noticing this. 'China money' has been flowing into our dramas and movies for a long time now. The media needs to pick up on reporting it.

5. [+286, -0] Dramas really need to think twice before accepting Chinese PPL. Chinese bibimbap is taking it too far. Please think before only seeing the profit.

6. [+224, -0] It's so wrong to promote a product that's naming a Korean dish as Chinese. We're already fighting over kimchi and hanbok, now you're basically giving China support in claiming the bibimbap as theirs too. This is so irresponsible for a drama that's obviously going to be exported worldwide.

7. [+124, -7] Boycott 'Vincenzo'. What company produced this? They'd be the first to sell our country off if they needed the money.

8. [+76, -0] And this is why everyone thinks Korean things belong to China, tsk tsk. I did cringe when I saw this scene while watching the drama. I guess the Chinese will soon start claiming the bibimbap as theirs too.

9. [+67, -1] Of all the dishes, why bibimbap... that's just wrong. Bibimbap, galbi, kimchi are the representative Korean dishes to foreigners... so first it was kimchi and now it's bibimbap that China's going after? ㅋㅋ Soon they'll claim Hangeul came from Chinese.. ㅋㅋ

10. [+65, -5] I won't be watching 'Vincenzo'. If the actors had any mind at all, they should know to pass on such a deal. This is disappointing.

11. [+58, -0] The characters in 'True Beauty' were eating Chinese instant food that isn't even sold in our country, tvN needs to knock it off

12. [+44, -0] Yes, I get that drama production is costly work, but this is wrong.. especially in the current climate...

• oh boy once again Knetz being stupid and don't realize that anything which is aired on Netflix is either co-producer or Netflix is giving them money for it so it's obsious that commercials are targeted for worldwide audience doesn't matter if some food will be Chinese, Japanese or Korean...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• oh boy once again Knetz being stupid and don't realize that anything which is aired on Netflix is either co-producer or Netflix is giving them money for it so it's obsious that commercials are targeted for worldwide audience doesn't matter if some food will be Chinese, Japanese or Korean...

That would make sense if Netflix was available in China (which it isn't) or if kdramas were allowed to air in China (they aren't).

• That would make sense if Netflix was available in China (which it isn't) or if kdramas were allowed to air in China (they aren't).

Chinese tv recently sign a strategic partnership deal with KBS

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…be-released-after-4-years

as for Netflix, there is VPN.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

10. [+65, -5] I won't be watching 'Vincenzo'. If the actors had any mind at all, they should know to pass on such a deal. This is disappointing

:cryingr::cryingr::cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

Imagine being so stupid that you think this is how is works. I bet that will be the first question out of every actor's mouth. "I know this is going to be a very popular drama, but I'm have to eat food from China? Sorry I must pass."

I feel the same way about this as I did during True Beauty... If you want Korean products in the show then get the Korean companies to cough up the money. It's as simple as that.

That would make sense if Netflix was available in China (which it isn't) or if kdramas were allowed to air in China (they aren't).

That may be true, but I am willing to be that China is not the only country in the world where you can buy this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!