what are your unpopular opinions about kpop in general?

• The most unpopular opinion I have (ok, maybe not that unpopular...and more like pure logic imo) is that I don't always feel bad for "nugu" groups. Let me explain better: I do admire people who have courage and work hard but things are difficult in a field that is over saturated and where everything is extremely competitive. Sure connections and power can help greatly and even create an unfair environment but at the same time if you don't bring anything particularly new/interesting it'll be really hard to get noticed and succeed, even in "fair" conditions it'd be impossible for everyone to gain serious attention. Imo it's important to consider the risks well before signing with an agency (or parents should help the kid with the decision if very young) especially after all the training and seeing how they operate (of course with risk obviously I don't mean ab*sive or problematic situations). Some very talented and creative people might be extremely unlucky and struggle but unfortunately it's the same for a lot of jobs.

• There are no winners in a fan war -- everyone needs to go touch grass. Fighting fire with fire because someone said something stupid just makes all of you look childish. And it's the idols you stan that catch the backlash, never the fans themselves.

Using sales and streams as a measurement of a group's skill and music quality is like saying McDonald's is objectively the best burger chain in the world.

While apology letters are the bare minimum, it could be the most eloquent apology written and hit all the important points necessary... And still be insincere. What matters most is what that person does moving forward.

The obsession with "Korean beauty standards" might be one of the weirdest things I've seen in Kpop, as if Koreans walk around with a checklist deducting points. And most of the people who care about this aren't even Korean.

• I cannot believe through this whole video you put in the background only newjeans and Ive 👁️🔫

I don't think Unforgiven being LSF's worst title is unpopular :woow: at least not right now, since it's new and we had some time to appreciate the other songs

You should spill on who you think has no talent, maybe it's true but it's impossible to discuss unless you give a few examples who and why. Personally I would rebut that sure not everyone may be great or strong at singing or dancing, but it is a bit much to say that they are not good at it or are weak in everything, you know maybe saying they just have a pretty face is too extreme

I have already stated this unpopular opinion in a different thread but I think the lumpy, baby-like shape of Garam's face is weird and I don't think she is particularly more attractive than other members like Sakura and Eunchae. I like Eunchae's appearance (at debut) better than Garam's

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!