Is artist's participation or approval the most important point when it comes to fandom's boycott success?

• Is artist's participation or approval the most important point when it comes to fandom's boycott success?

Looking back at the successful move pulled by Shawols, I think it was so successful because we have SHINee members blessing and encouragement to do it.

Key started highlighting SM's problem with venue booking in February after he couldnt do encore concerts. He consistently told fans they are welcome to complain to SM bc he is doing so as well.

In March Onew filmed a whole ASS vlog of himself trying to buy his own concert tickets to show how hard it is due to SM not booking right venues. He couldnt buy his own tickets.

In weekend when shawols were organizing for their statement, Taemin encouraged us by "rewarding our hard work with gym selfies".

Onew confirmed on IG that they were pushing SM and fans participating greatly helped too.

I feel like alot of fandom boycotts wont work bc fans are hesitant to harm the artist they love. When the artist actively encourages and supports the boycott it just becomes to much easier to push together.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My ulti group would never, they love their CEO and she did more for them than she actually could. I mean when they were just 1 year old they participated on 2 survival shows, held 3 world tours and a concert in Seoul and apeared a lot on the streets for the public.

They later on wanted to buy merch for themself and their staff from their concert in Seoul (a necklace) and were surprised how well it sold out and at the end fans gave them jewlery when they heard that the boys were not able to get themself some since they were confused that the company didn't gave the boys some for free. In many clips you could see that they were even wearing these necklaces later on (not allways but a few times you notice that they wear them).

A.C.E and their company are on a whole other level than most KPop-groups and their companies out there

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• What you said is absolutely correct. Red Velvet considers themselves a nugu group so they probably didn't go against the 5k capacity concert thing. Only the empty revolt of the reveluvs unfortunately did not work. Sometimes SM used Irene to calm things down. SM can't control Shinee, cause Shinee members are much more experienced in such situations. Also, Shawols and Shinee have a very close, special and respectful bond.

• Idk I don’t exactly see such stuff as anything positive. It might set bad precedence for the company and fan demands. What’s considered as “justified” fan demand varies after all.

I just see it as SM themselves along with the group themselves pushing for it and realizing they shouldn’t do their veteran group dirty not like fans forcing their hand.

I.e fans can make a demand, all fandoms do it. This was nothing different. The company and the group were just able to push for it internally.

• Idk I don’t exactly see such stuff as anything positive. It might set bad precedence for the company and fan demands. What’s considered as “justified” fan demand varies after all.

I just see it as SM themselves along with the group themselves pushing for it and realizing they shouldn’t do their veteran group dirty not like fans forcing their hand.

I.e fans can make a demand, all fandoms do it. This was nothing different. The company and the group were just able to push for it internally.

There is a difference between fans making demands bc they dont like an idol makeup VS fans having concern about a venue that is lacking in safety and almost caused a stampede last time there was a big event.

This venue was going to set the tone for what SM going to book for SHINee's world tour.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There is a difference between fans making demands bc they dont like an idol makeup VS fans having concern about a venue that is lacking in safety and almost caused a stampede last time there was a big event.

This venue was going to set the tone for what SM going to book for SHINee's world tour.

Like I said SM internally realized that as well. I just said fans reaction wasn’t anything special or different the situation was just so outrageous and I’d give credit mostly to the shinee members themselves that probably pushed for this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!