Best of luck to BTS

• I take my jabs at current incarnation BTS sometimes, but I really hope they win a Grammy and I really think they deserve to.

They deserve it because

- Their career in general is Grammy winner worthy. Most of us enjoy at least one of their concepts even if we're not fans. They have songs in their back catalogue that most of AKP would agree are Grammy worthy, like Spring Day, BST.

- They have broken new ground for K-Pop as a genre. The PTW thing is so tired it needs to be taken out back and shot but there is truth to it. They've done a lot for K-Pop and also a lot to further interest in tourism, Korean language, and the popular culture of their country and that deserves recognition.

- They've made it clear that they badly want to win, they've campaigned hard, and I respect that because it's more profound than the usual reasons. It will probably be the thing to earn them legit military exemption. Some Army's talk about how their pride would make them serve, but how many men do serve when they have exempt status? It's probably a miserable 18 months, and it damages careers. I'm sure they'd rather not have to do it. And I don't think there would be any complaints about Grammy winners not having to enlist, it's a very legitimate accomplishment.

- And on a selfish note I hope they win because I'm interested to see what happens with their musical direction once the Grammy is in the bag and they're no longer making music with that in mind.

I hope it's theirs, sending all my positive vibes. Best of luck <3<3<3

• Thank you <3

Whether they get it or not won't change their value as artists, but I really hope they get it too, if only because they seem to want it so much !

• Official Post

I agree with all of your points. :yesr:

I also want to add that alot of the music they make touches upon several irl issues that not even many Western artists talk about in their music. Even if Dynamite isn't really on the dark side, I do think that this adds on to your point that their career in general is Grammy-worthy.

And even if they don't win there's always next year, and the year after, etc. Even if they end up never winning a Grammy, it doesn't mean that their music is any less impactful or any less quality. Many impactful artists have NEVER won a Grammy, just shows that you can change people's lives even without a random award.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!