Independent: BTS beat Taylor Swift to be named the best-selling global artist of 2020

• BTS beat Taylor Swift to be named the best-selling global artist of 2020

K-pop band released two best-selling albums last year

South Korean boyband BTS have been crowned the best-selling global artist of 2020.

The K-pop hitmakers beat American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift to the honour, which was bestowed by the global music body IFPI.

BTS released two albums in 2020, Map of the Soul: 7 and Be, both of which topped charts in many countries around the globe.

They are the first act whose songs are not predominantly sung in English to claim the crown, and the first artist from outside of the West.

Global sales, downloads and streams are all taken into account when the IFPI calculates the winner, covering the entirety of each artist’s back catalogue.

Swift also released two albums last year, the folk-infused Folklore, which came out in July, and Evermore, a second surprise release which dropped in December.

The artist is followed in the rankings by Canadian hip-hop star Drake, with The Weeknd and Billie Eilish taking the fourth and fifth spots.

The rest of the top 10 is filled out by Eminem, Post Malone, Ariana Grande, Juice WRLD and Justin Bieber.

https://www.independent.co.uk/…aylor-swift-b1812581.html

• The way Swifties can't say BTS only got it cause they released 2 albums :-P cause taylor released 2 as well :-D

• The way Swifties can't say BTS only got it cause they released 2 albums :-P cause taylor released 2 as well :-D

The title does seem like bait for Swifties lol.

Taylor also released about a million physical and digital re-releases of Folklore. Noone can come for BTS topping this,. They did it with no bundles, only one properly promoted song and even no collabs.

• Love the press coverage this is getting, so much for IFPI being irrelevant :pepe-toast:

Also this part -

"Global sales, downloads and streams are all taken into account when the IFPI calculates the winner, covering the entirety of each artist’s back catalogue"

• The title does seem like bait for Swifties lol.

Taylor also released about a million physical and digital re-releases of Folklore. Noone can come for BTS topping this,. They did it with no bundles, only one properly promoted song and even no collabs.

I think putting Taylor Swift on the title puts into perspective of how insane this achievement is. TS did really well last year. Competition is fierce. Taylor got #1 twice already so Swifties need to grow up if they still salty about this.

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• I think putting Taylor Swift on the title puts into perspective of how insane this achievement is. TS did really well last year. Competition is fierce. Taylor got #1 twice already so Swifties need to grow up if they still salty about this.

Yes, it gives it context and shows how huge this is!

• Lol Swifties are gonna be mad mad but I hate them so much(specify how their always going around with their feminism narrative)so ill just want and enjoy.

women's wrongs activist

:lovec::cheersc::lovec:

• Lol Swifties are gonna be mad mad but I hate them so much(specify how their always going around with their feminism narrative)so ill just want and enjoy.

I actually like Taylor, but her fans have been so toxic ever since they started seeing BTS as rivals, that Im enjoying the meltdowns.

• X/

• X/

• :pepe-peek:

• X/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!