SJJ48 (Seijika Joshi 48) announced, lead by ex HKT48 member Mao Yamamoto and actress Ayaka Otsu

• 政治家女子48党【SJJ48】の公式ホームページです。
    政治家女子48党【SJJ48】の公式ホームページです。
    sjj48.com

2b69da29c4a98a0cf3eaf.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

...so they aren't an actual idol group but a political party "Seijika Joshi 48 To" translates to "Party Politician Girls 48"), long story short seems the "NHK party" collapsed and what was left of them decided to merge with this other party, their political goal is to defunct "NHK" (Japan's version of the BBC)

their president is actress Ayaka Otsu and their candidate for the next elections is going to be ex HKT member Mao Yamamoto

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

kinda strange but i guess having former idols running as politicians is a "as expected from Japan" moment?

YouTuber-turned politician GaaSyy likely to be expelled from parliament
    The lawmaker's probable dismissal comes after he failed to show up at a plenary session to apologize for — fittingly enough — failing to attend parliament.
    www.japantimes.co.jp

NHK Party leader to step down over YouTuber member's absence from Japan's Diet - The Mainichi
    TOKYO -- Takashi Tachibana, the head of Japan's NHK Party, announced on March 8 that he would step down as leader to take responsibility for party mem
    mainichi.jp

• So why do they dislike Japan public television?

And is the dude just using the girls to win an election.

• So why do they dislike Japan public television?

from Wikipedia:

the stuff with the NHK collectors is real, sometimes they behave like thugs rather than government workers

NHK fee collector leaves threatening notes on people’s doorsteps
    Many people in Japan have long had a tumultuous relationship with the country’s public broadcaster, NHK. Ever since the government decided it was the station’s…
    japantoday.com

And is the dude just using the girls to win an election.

probably although is worth mention that this guy is currently hiding in Dubai, part of the reason as to why he quit is because he can't go back to Japan

also Ayaka Otsu was the president of "Seijika Joshi" and now the head of the party union, i see very little reason for her to be the puppet of a guy that can't come back to the country

• For the little that I know, Yakuza and sectors of the Japanese government work together on many things. It seems like they are used as the "bad cops" by Japanese authorities.

I guess this is another example of that.

• the idol being running reminds me of this idol from a few years ago.

https://japantoday.com/categor…d-shibuya-ward-councillor

seems she is still holding the position!

i know there are former entertainers in elected positions but i don't know if there are any from a big idol group, honestly no idea what the Japanese public is going to think of them

i was checking SJJ48's page and they actually have 48 members making their group's name more accurate than the actual AKB48

sjj48.com

also unlike AKB their Senbatsus are endorsed by the government C5LjWk5.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!