Why I think company and groups having their own apps is a great idea

• Having their own app, they can monitor and take away malicious comments. Now I'm for freedom of speech and expressing your opinion, but if you go to a social media platform to just spam toxicity and saying vile words, you should not be allowed to be there. After the incident with Chaeyoung on Weverse, I think it will protect the artists better in my opinion.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• it is a good idea but I the issue is the cost involved maybe???

like developing an app isn't cheap to my knowledge so for the larger and more popular groups (aka big 4) but for the lesser known / nugu groups maybe the cost isn't worth the investment

like developing an app isn't cheap to my knowledge so for the larger and more popular groups (aka big 4) but for the lesser known / nugu groups maybe the cost isn't worth the investment

You're right, but developing a app doesn't cost that much I think. But it depends on how much resources the company have though.

• You're right, but developing a app doesn't cost that much I think. But it depends on how much resources the company have though.

I remember it costing like $50K ??? but maybe it's changed since then???

and knowing the companies they would just add those costs to the group memebers no? lol

• The biggest problem is that malicious comments are going to happen anyway and now you have to trust that

A) each company likes having a recurring +50k cost to clean that up

B) each company takes the comments as seriously as you

You forget that an incident like that happened because weverse has 0 content moderation that isn't a ban-list of words lol so as long as you get creative (and have multiple google accounts) you can keep doing whatever you want

In my opinion having one app is perfect because they can have a dedicated content moderation team that focuses on that (so it isn't given off to 1 intern with a lot of free time or 1 guy in a closet working 10 extra hours now) instead of it being either a shoddy operation in the company or outsourced to some company that does 10 other things.

Exactly and as an IT Administrator I can absolutely confirm this. Application development is a big cost especially something like this, a service that is equivalent to vlive if not better is a tall task, the R&D costs could easily span into the millions of dollars just to develop, , and then deploy. Afterwards it has to be curated to ensure it works properly on any Android based product Same is true for any IOS device. Plus the same is true for use on a Mac or PC. Then we add on the the overhead a app like this needs to mesh user experience syncing all the people commenting on posts and submitting posts and then the actual live streaming service and video hosting will require a seriously robust server not including backups. Only the biggest agencies would be able to handle it. The only reason weverse is a thing is because hybe bought out vlive and then killed it to replace vlive with the thing they own. They bought out the hardware and people who worked on vlive this is why they are successful. Most agencies including the other big 3 do not have the server capacity to handle this directly. The only other exception is bubble by sm entertainment because that company has close ties with Internet service providers to actually host the service.

Something like vlive was better than this individual app bullshit. For a few reasons one brings down cost when everyone is on a single centralized app, same with server stress and lastly user tolerance, most people prefer to have a single app do all of the stuff they want they don't like having multiple apps for the same thing.

People have enough headache keeping up with 3 social media apps Instagram Facebook and Twitter alone now add on 20 different vlive clones for evey other agency?🤡🤡🤡🤡 Lol nobody will download it. Userbase may peak for a month then trail off . While the idols including BTS wonder why nobody is watching their lives. Because user tolerance is a thing once people get overwhelmed or fed up with too many apps or notifications for the same or similar content they usually unsubscribe from it to have a singular experience or none at all.

• I remember it costing like $50K ??? but maybe it's changed since then???

and knowing the companies they would just add those costs to the group memebers no? lol

🤡🤡🤡Lol higher than 50k. 50k for a simple app not something that's supposed to be a social media app for kpop idols for video hosting live video chat etc and then the cost of maintaining and growing a service like this is a cash cow $$ a company likely could never justify the money sink especially when the roe isn't high.

• 🤡🤡🤡Lol higher than 50k. 50k for a simple app not something that's supposed to be a social media app for kpop idols for video hosting live video chat etc and then the cost of maintaining and growing a service like this is a cash cow $$ a company likely could never justify the money sink especially when the roe isn't high.

ahhh noted yeah it's probably going to be more than 50K then lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!