Kakao + Netmarble collab unveils AI girl group Mave

• Kakao + Netmarble collab unveils AI girl group Mave

202301111718572510_1_20230111172502983.jpg

Article: Four member girl group 'Mave' to debut soon

Source: Idol Issue via Instagram

1. [+164] Do these companies really think there's a demand for groups like this... they've really lost touch with their consumers

2. [+147] What would be the point of being a fan of such a group..??

3. [+79] How are they going to be paid...?

4. [+41] ..??????? This is a bit scary, they look so human

5. [+15] So even if you were to be a fan and buy their albums, it's not like you can see them in real life at a fan signing or hear them sing live at a concert. You're just going to be staring at an electronic display the whole time.

6. [+13] They make me uncomfortable 😢

7. [+26] So scary.... they look like real people

8. [+2] How are they going to handle fan signings? Video fan signings? Schedules..? Songs..? Are photocards going to be drawn out by their designers, sketch by sketch? I understand model AIs but I'm really scared about the prospect of AIs being used as actors and idols too.

9. [+11] They all look the same..

10. [+27] Looks like a group with four Heizes

11. [+3] Will they be.. paid?

-

0005402371_001_20230109084001032.jpg

Kakao + Netmarble collab unveils AI girl group Mave
    netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

• I don't get why they keep making these AI idols?

Like even AESPA doesn't rely that heavily on their AI concept, and K/DA is not exactly topping the charts?

Interesting concept, but can you make any real money without actual people? Like, I guess you could tour and do some live performances like Hatsune Miku, but without real people and real live performances, it's basically like watching it at home. What's the difference?

I can't see this being bigger than real human idols and real live performances. At least not for the next 20 years.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• too early for AI idols. i think they have to wait til we're all living in some dystopian future where we're all trapped in pods and eating bugs and forced to wear a vr headset most of the day

• They're cheap, low maintenance, and won't age past the idol shelf life.

• They're cheap, low maintenance, and won't age past the idol shelf life.

Yeah, but you're probably not going to sell 1 million albums from them either.

Most of the AI idols have flopped, but I guess 20k albums would be good even still, but I don't see an AI idol making more than that.

But Hatsune Mike makes bank, so I could be wrong. It's gonna be hard to replicate that success though. Especially when they just base the AI's off of irl idols, and Korea does not have the same anime culture Japan has.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• So who is going to stan the AI?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• I stan...they'll never grow into ahjummas...FOREVER YOUNG

• In before the "the most talented group ever", "they are the best vocals of the 5th generation", "No visual holes" discussions start.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!