Japan rookies makes the best selling debut video album for a BG in asian history

• Johnny's group Snow Man makes the best selling debut video album for a BG in asian history.

Their new video album (DVD + Bluray) "Snow Man ASIA TOUR 2D.2D.", sold 406,457 in just one week.

The video album is already eligible for the 2xPlatinum certification by the RIAJ

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• congratulations

like I sad in some post about NiziU, we might be in a turning point when Japanese people focus more on their own groups

• congratulations

like I sad in some post about NiziU, we might be in a turning point when Japanese people focus more on their own groups

well, technically the Japanese have always focused on their groups, although unlike Korea in Japan idols are niches, SixTONES, Snow Man, BTS, SEVENTEEN, JO1, Kisumai, etc, they are niche acts, only Arashi and Kinpuri are known by the GP

So even though Snow Man's first two singles were hits, they still have a long way to go.

• well, technically they always have, although unlike Korea in Japan idols are niches, SixTONES, Snow Man, BTS, SEVENTEEN, JO1, Kisumai, etc, they are niche acts, only Arashi and Kinpuri are known by the GP

So even though Snow Man's first two singles were hits, they still have a long way to go.

I think NiziU already is hitting it big, saw so many billboards with them on twitter

and JYP has plans to do Nizi Project 2 - male version, so the boy group created there will get same or maybe even more attention.

• I think NiziU already is hitting it big, saw so many billboards with them on twitter

and JYP has plans to do Nizi Project 2 - male version, so the boy group created there will get same or maybe even more attention.

Yes, NiziU within the GG is together with Nogizaka, Perfume and Momoclo one of the most popular.

On a male version of NiziU I doubt that it will have a similar impact, remember that the male idol scene is very different from the female scene, and Johnny's will always be above all, probably the new JYP boy group will be a competition for groups like JO1 or K-pop acts, but I highly doubt this is at the level of JE's groups, they are literally in another league

• Yes, NiziU within the GG is together with Nogizaka, Perfume and Momoclo one of the most popular.

On a male version of NiziU I doubt that it will have a similar impact, remember that the male idol scene is very different from the female scene, and Johnny's will always be above all, probably the new JYP boy group will be a competition for groups like JO1 or K-pop acts, but I highly doubt this is at the level of JE's groups, they are literally in another league

And then there’s the situation that in a few years jyp will probs do an American girl group

• I think NiziU already is hitting it big, saw so many billboards with them on twitter

NiziU is very well known among the GP but their rise happened to coincide with so many factors that NiziU groups success may not translate to the same level of success for the new JYP BG. One factor that the new BG will lose is that a huge portion of Japan was on a kind of lockdown when their show happened. So after it started being a success on Sukkiri it just snowballed. That is not happening any more and hopeful it won't again in any ones lifetime. Also the other poster is correct. Going against AKB group vs going against Johnny's is vastly different. Twice, JO1, and the like are small fries compared to Arashi, Snow Man, etc... The Johnnys groups discography is scary.

Also NiziU while being popular haven't hit the big time sales yet. They had around 400K physical sales the first week but the likes of the top 48/46 groups can sell twice that in the first week. Also the real test is their next album. If they grow they are set but it is possible that they could stumble. I hope they sell much more as I'm a fan of theirs but the possibility exists they won't. I actually didn't like a lot of their stuff in debut album but I'm definately loving their upcoming stuff like Take a Picture and Poppin & Shakin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!