Why do groups always have their biggest hit after a member left? Coincidence or not?

• After Garam left, Antifragile smashed and is becoming biggest 4th gen hit on Spotify. Soojin left, Tomboy happened with record number of PAKs. Woojin left Skz, God’s Menu happened and is Skz’s biggest hit too. Is this coincidence? Will the same happen to Nmixx and Loona?

Approved the thread.
  • hopefully it does happen

• Loona I doubt..they feeling real nugu as of late.

Nmixx I don't see it because JYP already has their musical direction mapped out. So he's gonna keep giving them mid music.

Le sserafim was meant to be a Top girl group regardless and was always gonna be successful whether the Garam situation happened or not.

Stray Kids I personally feel just got lucky. Cuz international fans (mainly western) like the trap sounding songs and the experimental stuff. So for them, luck...cuz even now their music to majority of people is still not good💀.

G-idle same as Stray Kids, it was luck. People wanted to check them out after the scandal to see what they had going on, and there was a lot of token stanning too. The song Tomboy and Nxde not all that tbh, and is actually average. But people wanted them to have a redemption arc. So yeah luck.

Overall Le sserafim seems like the group who was naturally meant to do well no matter what, and it was gonna happen no matter what scandal. Cuz they from HYBE and the music that was set up for them, plus the concepts was appealing.

• Everyone is scared more bad can happen without a good release... and companies try harder cuz they know people are already wary or pissed. Also, we're paying attention because we just put up with all the drama.

• Any promo is good promo. A scandal means more press, which means more promo, which means more name recognition when the group comes back after the scandal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!