Ive, Lesserafim and Newjeans will never be nugu even coming from a small company

• It's easy, because they're all visual. Have you seen any nugu groups that all the members are all pass the Korean beauty standards? It's not oy one or two people that carries the group visually like Momoland for example, but for these 3 groups all of them are really eye pleasing. That alone already secure them a fanbase. Their songs alone are all quiet good. So if they debuted from the small or mid company, they will not flop and if they're not on the top they will at least be the mid groups. Yet honestly speaking, it's like impossible to nugu company to debuted a group with all visual like them.

Approved the thread.
  • If you are gonna say Momoland is carried by 1 or 2 visuals (Nancy maybe Yeonwoo I guess), isn't Ive the same case if not worse. In both cases there are 1 or 2 visuals and the rest of the group doesn't gain attention for their looks. Same for NewJeans and Le Sserafim.

I mean can you say how their beauty standards are so much higher or more of an all visual lineup than any average GG?

Sure people say by word of mouth that all the members of NJ or LSF look pretty but people would say that about every GG including 12 member groups and small GGs.

• There's plenty groups that are all-visual and still are nugu lol what are you saying, even when they gain attention for their looks or if their music is good they are way less popular than big3 groups that aren't full visual that have noise music. I guess you don't know much about girl groups.

What are even the other "popular girl groups" from Kakao that aren't Ive? WJSN and Weeekly are mid tier at best. Stayc already had gained traction before being bought by Kakao. Sistar made Starship, they didn't become big overnight. Again what are the other Kakao girlgroups? Fiestar?

And one of these ggs mentioned I wouldn't consider full visual at all, to each their own.

• Agree with this. OP is lumping all 3 together but thruth is LSRF depends more on their performance skills to maintain attention than anything else.

True look at that tripleS group, interesting concept, good music, all visuals still flopped. I made an exception for lsrfm because they got famous after antifragile because of their performance skills.

• There's plenty groups that are all-visual and still are nugu lol what are you saying, even when they gain attention for their looks or if their music is good they are way less popular than big3 groups that aren't full visual that have noise music. I guess you don't know much about girl groups.

What are even the other "popular girl groups" from Kakao that aren't Ive? WJSN and Weeekly are mid tier at best. Stayc already had gained traction before being bought by Kakao. Sistar made Starship, they didn't become big overnight. Again what are the other Kakao girlgroups? Fiestar?

And one of these ggs mentioned I wouldn't consider full visual at all, to each their own.

Kakao is big company not because of their idols but because how big that company. They're the conglomerate in Korea.

Can you give me that nugu group with that all visual members that all pass the korean beauty standards? I would like to know. For these 3 groups, you don't consider them as all visual but Knetz and a lot of people does. They're all viral for that, I don't make the rules.

• If you are gonna say Momoland is carried by 1 or 2 visuals (Nancy maybe Yeonwoo I guess), isn't Ive the same case if not worse. In both cases there are 1 or 2 visuals and the rest of the group doesn't gain attention for their looks. Same for NewJeans and Le Sserafim.

I mean can you say how their beauty standards are so much higher or more of an all visual lineup than any average GG?

Visual not popularity, duh. Other Ive members viral for different occasions for being pretty, which you know if people trying to sugar-coated things just to praises or they're really like their visual.

Sure people say by word of mouth that all the members of NJ or LSF look pretty but people would say that about every GG including 12 member groups and small GGs.

No, knetz is not that nice. If they hate the visual they will talk about it. You forget that some of Itzy' members especially Chaeryeong getting bashed for their visual when they just debuted. Nmixx and Twice before received the same treatment from knetz. Giselle being criticised for being the least attractive in Aespa and I have tons other example how knetz are very honest and harsh about the idols' visual.

• Kakao is big company not because of their idols but because how big that company. They're the conglomerate in Korea.

Can you give me that nugu group with that all visual members that all pass the korean beauty standards? I would like to know. For these 3 groups, you don't consider them as all visual but Knetz and a lot of people does. They're all viral for that, I don't make the rules.

I see where you're coming from, but based on other groups from Kakao, Ive is the only one that became really popular so I don't understand how we could associate their success with Kakao being a big company. It's easy to associate Ive's success with many factors now that they are big, I agree with you that all of them being visuals helped but also because their music matched the high expectations, and that Wonyoung and Yujin made a name for themselves before that and helped to bring the hype, the music just solidified them as a big deal.

Loona have 12 members who are all pretty. That maybe have helped their popularity but they still couldn't get close to Nmixx's popularity despite that the latter also flopped on charts, they still have more views and streams than Loona, and one could argue that Loona's music is objectively more easy and pleasant to the ears. I also think Woo!ah! have better visuals than Lesserafim but can't even touch 1/3 of Lesserafim's popularity. In my opinion the visuals of the latter are hardcarried by Yunjin and Chaewon, the whole group are more charismatic than visuals.

• I also think Woo!ah! have better visuals than Lesserafim but can't even touch 1/3 of Lesserafim's popularity. In my opinion the visuals of the latter are hardcarried by Yunjin and Chaewon, the whole group are more charismatic than visuals.

Interesting. Not even Kazuha? Isn’t she regarded by most people as the visual in the group?

• Who said they were nugu?

They were rookies once though.

• Please.

IVE is already from small company.

Stop with the Kakao big company shit lol. Kakao is a big company, and they have money, but money and resources aren't going to help a group to be more popular if people don't care.

they can put a lot of 1thek video, a lot of fan content, but if people don't care about the group, no matter how much money Kakao spent on the group, they won't get their money back lol. Kpop is competitive company, hundreds of group debut in a single year, and how many group actually can get popular outside of big4?

You all will go and check every new group coming from the big 4 out when they debut, but you aren't going to do that if it is from Kakao's subsidiary.

so no, Lesserafim and newjeans is going to be 100% nugu if they don't come from hybe and IVE is already from small company with Wonyoung having big popularity from Produce.

• so no, Lesserafim and newjeans is going to be 100% nugu if they don't come from hybe and IVE is already from small company with Wonyoung having big popularity from Produce.

you know that ive succeeded with wonyoung thanks to produce privilege but think lesserafim with sakura and her crazy fanbase on top of the produce privilege will still be nugu even if her new group was under a small company like starship? lmao get real please. your small company fetish is clouding your brain

• You know what, I can agree to disagree to other comments but not this one. Don't be delusional please, with you logic then Ive would only end up like weeekly if wonyoung and yujin not from izone. Kakao know they can push Ive because of these two popularity. They are supporting Ive 100% because of this narrative and Kakao are trying to expand their power in the entertainment industry by using them. Starship is the only subsidiaries that received special treatment from Kakao and they're not a small company at all. I think you forget about the smear campaigns by Kakao to ruined Ive's competitors reputation. That's not something a small company can do. All the manipulation SS keep involved in, do you think a small company capable to do so without any power? How naive.

• Am I interpreting some of the comments right and people are saying that LSFM isn't pretty? Please. Anybody who thinks so is blind AF. They have one of the highest visual averages in 4th Gen.

Also even if LSFM came from a small company they can't be nugu. Sakura by herself freaking sells 170,000. That automatically pulls them out of nugudom. Same for IVE with Wonyoung cuz she will always be 4th Gen IT girl regardless. Only New Jeans would be a "maybe" but they'd probably be fine too.

• Ive and lsf can't be nugu because of izone privileges.

Nj maybe. bcause if they are not from hybe, they are the same with tripleS

• nah newjeans would have most likley been nugu if not for them being in hybe.there are a lot of nugu groups with great visuals

ive and lsrfm have izone privelege tho

• Visual not popularity, duh. Other Ive members viral for different occasions for being pretty, which you know if people trying to sugar-coated things just to praises or they're really like their visual.

No, knetz is not that nice. If they hate the visual they will talk about it. You forget that some of Itzy' members especially Chaeryeong getting bashed for their visual when they just debuted. Nmixx and Twice before received the same treatment from knetz. Giselle being criticised for being the least attractive in Aespa and I have tons other example how knetz are very honest and harsh about the idols' visual.

Ok, point taken. I forgot about all those instances.

Of course just because netizens say Chaeryeong is ugly or Kazuha is pretty doesn't mean it's necessarily true-- I really think they are both about average and never noticed them myself. For Chaeryeong people care too much about her face shape.

To be a "visual" idol it's about who raise an issue of being pretty, who can be seen as beautiful by a lot of people. A lot of idols are really pretty but only ones above average will be talked about a lot.

But by this definition of "Who do a lot of people think are beautiful". I think only NJ fits and can be considered as all visual lineup.

For NJ, there are people talking about how they're all pretty in different and unique ways. That is not something that is generally noticed or talked about for just any average girl group (even ones from big 4).

In LSF, Chaewon and Yunjin are famous for both their performance and looks/style. Kazuha, Garam mainly for looks.

Sakura and Eunchae are just being carried along cause they're in the same group. (and people actually thought Sakura's looks downgraded from before)

In Ive it's Wonyoung, Leeseo, Liz sometimes.

No one talks about Yujin or Rei's visuals, and idk if Gaeul's viral moments don't really count because they are more about her performance.

In my opinion Ive is the least belonging in this discussion.

I am guessing you might say not all members need to all receive attention for their visuals to be considered a solid visual lineup, but they just need to all pass the Korean beauty standards. Then I think a lot of unknown girl groups fit that description.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!