why didn't SM send aespa to any award shows?

Approved the thread.
  • Sm became way too much egoistic ever since Hybe got big. They stopped sending their groups to award shows I wonder why.

• they're busy chasing kangaroos and spiders in australia

• They are practicing hard so people won’t be able to drag them the next time they perform. Guessing 2023 will be their year.

• Forgot to add**

Many international stans don't realize illusion is bigger than most gg songs this year

To put it in perspective, it's charting above sneakers on circle this week.

• They are practicing hard so people won’t be able to drag them the next time they perform. Guessing 2023 will be their year.

Not sure if you're being shady but Aespa are good performers? They did have some weak performances, but they always go viral in Korea when they perform.

• I doubt that.

They seem to just not care to promote Aespa anymore.

SM had no problem buying awards for NCT and MAMA gives out attendance awards.

Oky I get it they've some kind of vandetta against Aespa but what about other groups?? They sent their whole company to AAA, and RV'S FLOPPEST SONG won soty. SM has a big ego. They don't want others to overshadow them.

• SM is going to regret mismanaging aespa like this

i'm starting to believe those mys on twt claiming the new SM gg that is debuting next year is the one SM wants to be their "main" gg like SNSD

if they want to be dumb and not promote rookies like aepsa enough it will come back to bite them in the a**!!!!!

• They’re currently in Australia filming content. They’re attending the end of year festivals and they have to film for the SMTown end of year concert. They’re busy

• Oky I get it they've some kind of vandetta against Aespa but what about other groups?? They sent their whole company to AAA, and RV'S FLOPPEST SONG won soty. SM has a big ego. They don't want others to overshadow them.

LMAAOOO none of those groups touching aespa lol they cant even sing

they didnt even show up and are still the talk of the town

• Oky I get it they've some kind of vandetta against Aespa but what about other groups?? They sent their whole company to AAA, and RV'S FLOPPEST SONG won soty. SM has a big ego. They don't want others to overshadow them.

Red Velvet's song did not flop.

It was one of the biggest idol group songs this year.

It's true that SM just doesn't treat Aespa the same as their other groups.

Aespa would have no problem outperforming the other groups so not sure what you're on about.

• My theory is they only send their groups when they're winning something

That's just something I made up though but seems pretty accurate, no? NCT was at Genie Music Awards where they won a bunch of awards (controversial). Maybe it's some kind of image they are trying to uphold by not attending unless the artists are winning something big.

• My theory is they only send their groups when they're winning something

That's just something I made up though but seems pretty accurate, no? NCT was at Genie Music Awards where they won a bunch of awards (controversial). Maybe it's some kind of image they are trying to uphold by not attending unless the artists are winning something big.

This is true I said the same thing. They've ego issues.

• They take Black Pink's method of promo a bit too seriously.

BP also haven't attended award shows for ages but they're still killing it so SM might have thought it wouldn't hurt Aespa as well. Or maybe it truly wouldn't hurt because Aespa will probably break their own records in their next comebacks so why spend so much effort in award shows?

• Red Velvet's song did not flop.

It was one of the biggest idol group songs this year.

It's true that SM just doesn't treat Aespa the same as their other groups.

Aespa would have no problem outperforming the other groups so not sure what you're on about.

I'm talking about umpah umpah, that song won soty at AAA against a song that was really big and obvious winner I think it was dynamite, not sure tho.

• What's sonhatd to understand in

AESPA is currently overseas doing other activities and filming their next MV

Why would they go there when award show are bad and boring ?

• They take Black Pink's method of promo a bit too seriously.

BP also haven't attended award shows for ages but they're still killing it so SM might have thought it wouldn't hurt Aespa as well. Or maybe it truly wouldn't hurt because Aespa will probably break their own records in their next comebacks so why spend so much effort in award shows?

Even yg back then promoted the hell out of BP during rookie era. Sent Rose to multiple variety shows to showcase her vocals, jisoo attended variety as well, Lisa had collab with dancers, rose too. And obviously as a group too but sm? They're runing after cheap Western shows instead of showcasing their talent.

• Sm became way too much egoistic ever since Hybe got big. They stopped sending their groups to award shows I wonder why.

I guess we’re just forgetting the 35 minute NCT segment in 2020 MAMA and NCT 127, Dream and aespa doing all the laps last year on the music awards shows they were nominated in. :pepe-joy:.

Aespa are shooting in Australia and the NCT units are touring. MAMA is not the only thing in the world.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!