What groups did you expect to be bigger than they are now?

• For me it’s Itzy. Their debut was huge so I thought they would shape up to lead 4th gen. What groups did you expect to blow up bigger but never did?

Approved the thread.
  • Too many to name here

• Red velvet.

They have always been on the cusp of being the big gg but it never happened. They had red flavor and bad boy hits close to each other so you'd think they would continue with smashes but no.

Then after Psycho it felt like they were having their 2nd wind, they were going to up there with on Korean charts and possibly even start pushing abroad like Japan. Again no. Irine had her scandal, Wendy got injured and SM dropped their international schedules. They were out in the back burner.

The Aespa came and within a year they became the biggest SM gg. RV have become more like a legacy group now, a CB here and there with minimal promo and that's it for most of the year. Even SNSD had more hype and activities for their very short CB and they're not even fully active group lol.

• Blackpink tbh, in their 5th or 6th year I thought they'll be able to match BTS popularity&sales, but turn out apart from Yt views and social media followers they're pretty far behind on everything else. After their breakthrough hit DDDD I thought they'll continuously shot up like crazy, but it's been pretty stagnant. DDDD is still their most viewed MV and ngl I thought they'll be the first act to hit no #1 on BB Hot 100 esp with them being a GG, but in reality their climb on Hot 100 has been pretty slow imo.

• Bp. Their stans hyped them to death and bought into their own hype too much that the group right now does not feel on the level they should be

• TXT because they were 2bd Hybe group after bts I thought they'd be bigger.

• txt and bp

sure there are many other groups to mention, but these are the biggest noticable ones

txt has been stagnating a lot lately & just in general, the hype about them seems a lot less than say a year ago. i didn't expect them to "be the next bts" or whatever they company is pushing for, but i'd hoped for maybe exo level of succes? they had everything going for them: big company, good push, right type of music, good (amount of) members, first bts' juniors,... but it feels like they have found their place in their industry & it's just 'lower' than i expected from them.

bp is a bit similar, in that i expected them to blow up at any moment since DDDD. they had a lot going for them - even ygs much hated strategy by blinks. they kept growing, but lately (expecially with their newest album after 2y hiatus anticipation) they feel like they are stagnating. they might have broken records, but their presence isn't out there anymore? idk, with the hype they showed 2018-2020 & now being a 6y senior group, i think i expected them to do stadiums in the west, nominations and performances at every big western award show in the big categories (not just kpop or metaverse),...

• RV have become more like a legacy group now, a CB here and there with minimal promo and that's it for most of the year. Even SNSD had more hype and activities for their very short CB and they're not even fully active group lol.

RV are about to have their third CB this year. That's more than any SM gg, including aespa, who only had one release.

• BP’s popularity in the west isn’t as big as I was expecting, especially after the long hiatus

• People saying Blackpink ?( Talk about a tough crowd.

Bp. Their stans hyped them to death and bought into their own hype too much that the group right now does not feel on the level they should be

Curious, what level should they be lmao?

They are the worlds biggest girl group, they're at the top. As far as i know no other girl group is anywhere near their level of popularity or fame lol.

Seriously, if people are disappointed in Blackpinks success i would truly hate to hear what you think of all the other girl groups =O

• twice. they were so big in 2016/17 but now its crickets whenever they release a song

• Blackpink.

I'm not a blink but ngl I also bought into their hype and was kinda shocked at their results after Pink Venom and Shut Down. They aren't that far ahead of other girl groups as I thought and definitely not as close to BTS. I feel like in reality Blackpink has peaked, especially with the newer girl groups coming out.

• Blackpink.

I'm not a blink but ngl I also bought into their hype and was kinda shocked at their results after Pink Venom and Shut Down. They aren't that far ahead of other girl groups as I thought and definitely not as close to BTS. I feel like in reality Blackpink has peaked, especially with the newer girl groups coming out.

PV - 310m streams, 440m views, peaked at 22 in the hot 100, reached 1 in spotify global, global number 1

SD - 200m streams, 257m views, peaked at 25 in the hot 100, reached 1 in spotify weekly chart, first kpop song to do it, global number 1

Closest gg to do the same numbers in each one

Ive - love dive with 190m streams

gidle - tomboy with 170m views

twice - under the hot 100

ive - spotify weekly top 30

ive - top 10 on global 100

There is no gg close to BP, stop with the delusion.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!