Is this the best song in Kpop? It's for sure the saddest song, and it's not even about love.

• At least not romantic love. More self-love.

Long before BTS made headlines with their focus on societal issues in Korea, including mental health and the school system, Teddy wrote a song for 2NE1 called Ugly.

It blends a girl power anthem with simple, straightforward yet heartbreaking lyrics.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've been obsessing over this song over the last few days, and it saddens me to find that it's not covered as much as it deserves. Why isn't it talked about as one of the greats that transcends its genre? The song makes me so emo, imagine an idol who's been criticized for their looks performing this song. ;(;(

• BlackpinkHouse

Changed the title of the thread from “Is this the best song in Kpop? For sure, it's for sure the saddest song, and it's not even about love.” to “Is this the best song in Kpop? It's for sure the saddest song, and it's not even about love.”.
  • 2ne1 is the best!!!

I am so happy that someone talks about them!

This is 1 of my favourite songs.

2ne1's music is full of different types of music and meaningful lyrics that focus on social issues . Even the love songs arent just that when it come to 2ne1. It is always based on some emotional or social issue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!