Do you like how anons work?

• Personally, I don't hate or like the section, sometimes the threads there is actually good, ngl. But I do wish that the thread and replies will be posted directly like here in the k-lounge because sometimes it took quite a long time for them to get approved. Well, I know it might be impossible and I appreciate all the mods that doing the approving jobs there, and I'm not bashing your guys. I mean, the replies in the anons section look better and controllable than in dumpster fire because of it. But yeah, it's actually quite good especially if the improvement can be done as I prefer it more than dumpster fire 🤷🏻‍♀️

• I'd just as soon get rid of them and bring the conversation to the main forums.

I hardly go there.

The whole anonymous discussion thing is a convoluted layer of distance I find not engaging when it comes to discussion.

Even though we are technically anonymous as well on our regular profiles. The main forum, you can at least engage with people on a more direct level where you can build camaraderie, rapport and history, and get a sense of who someone is and where they come from.

You can't do that with random generator profiles.

It's low quality. And misses the magic of a forum.

Bring it all back here I say.

• Agree the delay makes it more unlikely for people to carry on conversations. But that has to be done for timely replies.

I'm not sure but I feel like maybe one reason people use anons is because 1. they think K-lounge has too many active threads already and they will get buried and 2. It has a reputation as a place for certain types of discussion threads about big 4 groups/success etc.

My suggestion maybe ditch anons and just make a new subforum called "Tea" or something where posts don't have to wait to approve. Cause I feel like people only make certain types of posts in anons, a lot of "why?" "Discuss" or success conversations about certain groups, and these kind of threads are hardly ever made in K-lounge.

But the problem is if there wasn't anonymous usership, "Tea" would be dead, because part of the appeal of Anons is anonymousness. But there can't be anonymousness without waiting for moderation.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!