Dua Lipa deny performing at the WORLD CUP IN QATAR until " they fulfilled all the human rights"

• My Love for this girl just increase even more

Love to see that she's one of this few artist who advocate for some things in her song and interview

but also do it through her actions and doesn't just ddo it for marketing purpose

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• honestly good for her for openly recognizing this.

• She's kinda selective with human rights violations

Shein prfomed Dubai and the UAE. But Dubai and the UAE have long been the subject of complaints of mistreatment of workers/violation of woman rights

Shein prfomed Dubai and the UAE. But Dubai and the UAE have long been the subject of complaints of mistreatment of workers/violation of woman rights

I agree with this about you that Dubai isn't all white neither

but the difference between Qatar and UAE

is that thanks to Dubai and the fact that morre and more foreigner are going there to live, their mind are slowly opening a little more and they are showing that they try to ameliorate somethings very slowly but they are doing it

you don't see the same desire to evolve with the society in QATAR

I suggest you to read the report from the comity on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women

who recently did an examination on the country, for example the parity in assembly is much better than it was beforre

you can also read the report from the UNPD or the document about their candidacy for the UN human right council

and before you quote me, i'm not saying that they are now completely clean there's still a lot of problem there with the fact that there's no thing going on to ameliorate LGBTQ right in this country

but at least UAE is trying to show a desire to progress in a better direction, meanwhile QATAR is absolutely doing nothing to improve the human rights in their country

• there is a problem with human right in almost every middle east country sadly. Could you please link where i can read about mistreatment of workers in UAE?

Also, i'm sure you know, but just in case: Dubai is in UAE, so to say "Dubai and the UAE" is incorrect. :finger-heart:

i'm glitched i wanted to write Abu Dhabi, not UAE.

you can find more , i'm lazy to search

Allegations of worker exploitation at ‘world’s greatest show’ in Dubai
    Migrant workers employed at Expo 2020 allege confiscated passports, racial discrimination and withheld wages
    www.theguardian.com

and By the way the problem with Qatar is mostly because when they accept to welcome the World cup

The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy and the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 have signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Human Rights Committee (NHRC)to collaborate in raising awareness of human rights issues, while continuing to ensure all aspects of human rights are considered in the delivery of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.

The NHRC is the Qatari institution recognised under the Paris Principles relating to national human rights institutions adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1993.

this memorandum was supposed to permit to respect the human rights of workers, fans, local communities and others touched by the FIFA World Cup in Qatar

and Now Qatar isn't respecting their words , considering how badly the workers were treated their, the fact that they promise to respect the human rights of fans and now they are saying that for example LGBT fans should behave according to the laws of the country even if they don't respect human rights and are backing on a lot of other things they promise to respect to do before holding the world cup

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!