Some of the worst artist-names in JPop (that ever existed)

• idea chaelisayadom

• Apple Buster
    • ASP (at their debut it stood for "Anal sex penis")
    • AXXX1S
    • BABYBEARD
    • BabyDollSymphony
    • BeeBee
    • BEE SHUFFLE (They were the first JPop-act I ever knew who also released Korean songs lol)
    • BOTROICA METAL SUMMER JACKET
    • BROTHER SUN SISTER MOON
    • Bubble Boddie Gum!
    • Catfood Salmon
    • Cinema staff
    • Czecho No Republic
    • Final Selection
    • Honda-San's living room
    • ICE CREAM SUICIDE
    • I MY ME MINE
    • Japanese Folk Metal
    • Lay About World
    • LOVE DIVING
    • LuLuYeYe
    • Marble Angel Wing
    • MARKET SHOP STORE
    • My Best Friend
    • NICO touches the walls
    • Non Stop Rabbit
    • OXYGENLOVER
    • PAIL OUT
    • PANIC POP PARTY
    • Part-Time worker unit
    • Pelo Pelo Candy
    • Platinum Boys
    • Rest of childhood
    • School Food Punishment
    • Sentimental Lover
    • Serial TV drama
    • Shine fine movement
    • Spopopony
    • STRAWBERRY PAINKILLER
    • The dadadadys
    • THIS IS JAPAN
    • THREE LIGHTS DOWN KNG
    • Uncle Bomb
    • Versus Kids
    • Wareraga Puwapuwapuuwapuwa
    • WEST SIDE PRINT CLUB
    • White Explosion
    • Whoop!e Whoop!e
    • WONDER SNAKE
    • Wonder Weed
    • Ww worldwide mix girls unit
    • XTEEN
    • Yang Skinny

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• "STAiNY"

is not super terrible is just that you usually don't want to be associated with stains and stuff like, most people i heard talking about them usually dislikes the name

STAiNY
    STAiNY (ステイニー) is currently an eight-member Japanese idol girl group that made their stage debut on January 2, 2021. They are the younger sister group of…
    jpop.fandom.com

-

"Tsuki ni Ashiato wo Nokoshita 6-nin no Shoujo Tachi wa Ittai Nani wo Mita no ka..."

maybe not bad in the conventional sense is just that it is super long, like you want to have a catchy name that it's easy to remember but they did the opposite

https://jpop.fandom.com/wiki/T…_Ittai_Nani_wo_Mita_no_ka...

???

are there any names that are considered taboo in jpop or J entertainment?

there are several post about them around, in resume back in March of 2021 they were unveiled as "ANAL SEX PENiS" or ASP

but some weeks before their debut they changed all the promotional material to "ANTi SOCiETY PUNKS", which is their real name (although their debut album is still called "ANAL SEX PENiS"

i don't think they got cold feet about the name, is just that the CEO of the company loves to fuck with people, the members themselves didn't knew about the real name until right before debuting

also they are pretty good if you like Rock-like idol groups

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's so very Japanese to have these random, crazy, terrible names lol. I attribute it to a mix of the 'weird' + creative subcultures gone haywire. Having said that some of these weird subcultures freak me out.

Japan has a very strong underground culture, there are tons of small venues that are willing to let you play there for free if you can convince 20 / 30 people to go watch you

basically anyone can start their own idol group even if they have very little chance of success

honestly that's kinda cool plus every now and then some actually manage to become popular

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!