[naver] "IS THIS THAT BAD?" THE WORST SCORE ON NETFLIX "BAFFLED"

• [naver] "IS THIS THAT BAD?" THE WORST SCORE ON NETFLIX "BAFFLED"

bypannchoaJune 28, 2022
    AVvXsEiUsX_hjGJ9UYsbi-Y58SXoT8eCMke7O0yUqBwY4S7YuIjiQFyd07EhoNkpXyAFqBlwF4pJ2fgYJDLx8L_zA0VHeE4cOFwUYiENOg0AabRY20dilUwsVjDOyXBXIp2kSA6v2COq7uSozU-Q-waQfocsvJh-smLfsiixra7FhJoErKb-5-NY4L363rb7=s16000
    The Korean version of Netflix's most ambitious work 'Money Heist' recorded the worst rating ever. About a third of the evaluators gave it a score of 1 out of 10. Netflix users have been dropping out rapidly in recent years. The share price has plummeted by 70% this year due to user churn. As a result, they aimed for a great reversal with Korean-style content, but they were thrown into a more embarrassing situation due to unexpected criticism of the ambitious work.

The Netflix original drama 'Money Heist Common Economic Zone', which was released on the 24th, received relatively low ratings from major overseas sites. According to the American review site IMDb, the rating as of the 28th was 5.1 out of 10. Of the 2,500 people who participated in the evaluation, more than 820 people, or 32.7% of the total, gave the lowest score of 1 point. The raters who gave the highest score of 10 were 29.6% of the total. After its release, it ranked 3rd in the global Netflix TV series (based on FlixPatrol), but the likes and dislikes are largely divided.

AVvXsEg3E0VxoR98O3ree7ziOiR8Td8snjrthGLbRscVmdm8PCUNQ9ZEhz_6V3VUeNbYXxWGDUbQ2c-_wyLk07rgA6-ZG01Hmdf_4KXfbF2_-iyBQE1EFsGRQlnf0ts0zFJjN2-bMalIAP8pEmK_LyQRDrsN9iPsPYXnxDjInWdEE_E8UXYKsNgEHwjKwIuF=s16000

The average score of 5.1 is the worst among Korean original content that has gained popularity around the world. On the same site, 'Squid Game' scored 8.0, 'All of Us Are Dead' scored 7.5, 'Hellbound' scored 6.6, and 'The Silent Sea' scored 6.9, which is quite low.

The original Spanish original drama ‘Money Heist’ series is one of Netflix’s most popular works. Among all non-English-speaking content, it ranked 2nd (Season 5), 3rd (Season 4), and 5th (Season 3) for viewing time. Therefore, the news that a remake was made with Korean content made fans around the world in anticipation.

AVvXsEhgmOcI7YvQIstiV3rI2uKjFMfS3dXDEmZ4M6SEPV2vU6apSlevYvzb10XCIuumdQ_-O3qFHt34ucs1xWYyzkHAO5yt-2HSwyxk6PLu1R9auhCGlpQ-4fztEdXh34UOJTSzqB0UjCi63E2n2rSZSv4npbq2eqs-Zdn5uJgOE9WGVrcD8TrQZMeknMfB=s16000

AVvXsEiq5qYqhFv3nveRsIIhfBnypn_CzAdlzfB_VGDj4iUbU_8soumpfB_hu71Y4tnysvKG_Qwh8I_cbkrHxnoj3j8e2iiOnxIe0q6OYqkdZIVluNgToFP1aOWuFvzJ3Mx3pzX8N4v0S8CAcIXZh93JfH0yrC-NcVRJuOWjOZlfP3D0mqcDHw5_iq0M-y-g=s16000

Some point out that Netflix has fallen into the trap of blind trust. Netflix is sending love calls to the extent of sending love calls to several popular Korean content in their successive works. This is because Korean content has an excellent box office effect relative to its production cost. For example, the production cost of Squid Game is about 40 billion won, which is only 20-30% of English-speaking content, but it quickly climbed to the top of the Netflix viewing time rankings. It grossed over 1 trillion won at the box office.

However, Money Heist is different. It needs freshness different from the original, but it is evaluated that it has failed to secure differentiation. An industry official said, "Since the original was so popular around the world, there were many concerns from the time the news of the remake was announced." Meanwhile, there are pessimistic forecasts that Netflix subscribers will drop by a whopping 2 million in the second quarter of this year.

AVvXsEikeGSZYvud4huvzMIJT7JFU6ghVO-53wnhpsJnK9sYX7N4q7wauGBMD0KUVctfCiKkkoJDHvSlCeubMyDURfcOXvoHOlImTYwzQS4QPHcJfV8_FM5-r59ZCijUByWyhrGfRomWdBVNDxlQ6Z7K8aHA4paYV9W50kshT3KDSTy9IV6-wdUFcCMKJ9Nh=w400-h80
    nsightful information, very interesting, relatable, excellent analysis, need a follow-up
    AVvXsEjoJWNbWayn0PqKhlLcYsdw5KdMW--2LbPjoJQrsj0rz-mMettuhmRoW8phd7H3_3MYL7QGvW67D2nFRqeUQ2MIpIUM_xCkMOQenIk4lPtHyv7D8RXNH8dlqpWFF-gIG0rrj4nlgSasK-SqW3hrtt81ZZ73OtzdaXh2pYOg6h69DQhvfVdJpWtr0kiq

original post: here

1. [+915, -37]
    I haven't watched the original version but this is so boring and there's this random bed scene that was funny too. Kim Yoonjin's acting is too old-fashion. And Tokyo acts with her foot. Denver's satoori is also annoying

2. [+521, -11]
    Why is it even necessary to remake a series that's already popular on Netflix?

3. [+282, -6]
    People who've watched the original version can't help but give it the lowest score. They literally just copy pasted..

4. [+166, -8]
    It kinda looks clumsy and downright childish

5. [+464, -354]
    As someone who haven't watched the original work, this is freaking fun

6. [+92, -4]
    Is the director dumb? The whole story just sounds like it's trying too hard. The way relationships are established are also trash. Does it even make sense that the young girl fell in love with that ugly bast*rd director of the Mint bureau? They should've at least cast someone handsome for the director of the Mint bureau or make him have an affair with an average woman like the original work instead

7. [+86, -2]
    Sorry Jang Yoonjooㅠㅠ She really doesn't suit that cringe show

8. [+78 ,-2]
    First of all, I hate the fact that they showed North Korea in the first scene

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I've watched the original and the remake.

I liked the fact that they intertwined NK with SK.

It made for some weird, but interesting interactions.

But with all that being said, it was boring as F.

Everything was predictable.

I blame the writers of course.

But most of all I blame the director.

• as they said the overall plot is the same but for some reason they dialed back some of the characters personalities. Tokyo in the korean version is unrecognizable compared to the original with how bland they made her. They also just removed some of the scenes that make it more interesting and funny to watch its honestly a shame.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!