Jimin has the biggest Korean fandom?

• I always see his articles occupying "most liked" section, rarely see him on main section of "most viewed articles". Does that mean it's mass liked? His fandom is huge if that's the case. Because it's the same case as Lim young woong.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • lmao if that was true his osts and solo songs would dominate the charts but reality he doesn't have a huge core fandom in SK

• lmao if that was true his osts and solo songs would dominate the charts but reality he doesn't have a huge core fandom in SK

Mass streaming doesn't work on Korean steaming platforms anymore. Open this section on naver its still occupied by Lim young woong and Jimin's articles. I think it's the biggest among bts members. V has GP, his article trended #1 on main section with more than 100k views. But jimin has fandom power.

• I've noticed this too, tbh he never seems to trend on naver even when he released the ost for that drama. The members I see trending the most are seokjin ,taehyung and yoongi other than them even jungkook doesn't trend there which is shocking since he is the most popular.

But i wouldn't compare Lim young woong to jimin cause the former actually charts high on kcharts and didn't jimin's recent ost peaked top 50 or something and dropped lower?Seems like jimin akgaes are just loud in general or they have a bot.

• his solo fandom is v hardworking but he is still v popular

• International fans can make reactions to naver articles.

• I've noticed this too, tbh he never seems to trend on naver even when he released the ost for that drama. The members I see trending the most are seokjin ,taehyung and yoongi other than them even jungkook doesn't trend there which is shocking since he is the most popular.

But i wouldn't compare Lim young woong to jimin cause the former actually charts high on kcharts and didn't jimin's recent ost peaked top 50 or something and dropped lower?Seems like jimin akgaes are just loud in general or they have a bot.

jungkook trends all the time yoongi rarely trends. its more appropriate to say seokjin, taehyung, jimin and jungkook trend all the time.

V trends the most on naver's main section, Jin does too when he does solo activity. I once saw an article of his trending really high, it was just an IG post of him shirtless. Yoongi? I'm not sure. And you're right jimin solos are really loud but they're dedicated.

• lmao, not you all using an unpromoted ost to assess Jimin's popularity, especially when his solos / songs within BTS are some of the most streamed ones

i say...wait at least until all the members put out their official albums to measure their success :pepe-use-head:

• lmao, not you all using an unpromoted ost to assess Jimin's popularity, especially when his solos / songs within BTS are some of the most streamed ones

i say...wait at least until all the members put out their official albums to measure their success :pepe-use-head:

To measure their success you need all members being equally promoted to show what they are trully capable of with the music they want to release.

For example, jhope debuted solo but did we see what he is trully capable of? No, not at all. We didn't see his full potential in physicals, we didn't see his full potential in hot100 and bb200, we didn't even see his full potential and longevity in streams cause hybe not only didn't help with playlisting but also dropped a lot of things to distract fans and diverse their attention. In comparison, jhope's collab with Crush is actually showing it's full potential in SK now cause Crush is promoting it in SK: it goes viral there on insta and tiktok, it rises on charts, challenge is doing great. That's how it works.

In such case you won't be able to compare, for example, Jimin's success to jhope's cause Jimin will for sure get full support and promo from company. He is one of company's fave after all, they already bringing him to producers and show pics with him on full display to show that smth is coming, they are already teasing while for jhope they can't even show a pic from lollapalooza or report its achievements without squeezing in some other group even tho their stocks rised when hobipalooza happened.

So to answer OP's question Jimin's unpromoted ost is actually a good measure cause all members droped singles which might be called unpromoted: all vocal line did osts, jhope MORE, RM Sexy Nukim and only Suga isn't really qualified cause obviously PSY carried their collab in SK - among these only Jimin's ost actually did fine in SK (V too, but V's dorama was VERY popular so it most probably paid role too) thus he indeed has the biggest solo following in SK.

Btw, those likes on articles aren't showcasing cause international fans can give likes too.

• I hope his debut is dance focused and kpop idolish type. It'll hit big in charts like taemin one.

• idk about biggest but his stans are extremely dedicated, everywhere. Not surprising his K fandom is also obsessively liking his posts everywhere, they also create extra blogs etc to push him in brand ranking.

based on numbers it seems V and Jungkook are bigger with casuals but Jimin stans are very very hardcore.

on reddit there's like a weekly thread on how poor Jimin gets the most hate and is the most mistreated idol ever and that stuff always gets 10+ awards (these cost MONEY). No other BTS solo stans are that devoted. it seems like his fans are also really fixated on this underdog Jimin story, there's a lot of projection and sadly fetishization happening.

• idk about biggest but his stans are extremely dedicated, everywhere. Not surprising his K fandom is also obsessively liking his posts everywhere, they also create extra blogs etc to push him in brand ranking.

based on numbers it seems V and Jungkook are bigger with casuals but Jimin stans are very very hardcore.

on reddit there's like a weekly thread on how poor Jimin gets the most hate and is the most mistreated idol ever and that stuff always gets 10+ awards (these cost MONEY). No other BTS solo stans are that devoted. it seems like his fans are also really fixated on this underdog Jimin story, there's a lot of projection and sadly fetishization happening.

Agree with this. It may stem from the fact that he used to have extreme hate from tkkers (well until now actually lol) and he had numerous anti campaign over the years (the biggest one being japan shirt incident) so his stans tend to be very hardcore.

I noticed it too, I mean the posts of his solos victimising him get a lot of likes but when its some other members most of the comments are like "stop victimizng him" "he's not a kid" and bla bla. I think armys have a soft spot for jimin.

You mean Jimin's solos pay for some nonsense awards on reddit?.. They are indeed the dumbest fans. But they trully love to fake numbers so not really surprising: they buy insta followers whenever j-hope came close in numbers (when j-hope got debut they panicked and bought really LOT, it was quite hilarious to watch), they also try buying followers on spotify but spotify is more strict to bots so Jimin's spotify stats always look funny with ups and downs, the ot7 fanbase even refuses to post members' stats whenever Jimin loose followers again (I think his record is -30K)). It's kinda ironic how much they have to do to prove that Jimin is actually popular.

Didn't know they also created some underdog story for Jimin but whatever make them happy

• why do people dismiss the fact that jimin gets a lot of homophobic/transphobic hate thrown at him and that's why the fanbase is generally more protective of him than the rest of the members?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!