"Princess Hours" is Getting a Remake!!

• "Goong" also known as "Princess Hours" is set to have a drama remake!

d3DLA_2f.jpg

In 2006, popular manhwa (Korean comics) "Princess Hours" was made into a drama. It was a major hit in Korea and also in different countries which contributed to the rising Korean wave (Hallyu) back then. Main leads of the drama include Joo Ji Hoon, Yoon Eun Hye, Song Ji Hyo, and Kim Jung Hoon. The drama was so popular back then that it garnered more than 26 percent in ratings.

On March 5, it was reported that the drama will have its remake after 15 years. It will be produced by the same production company who was in charge of the 2006 drama, Group 8. Jae Dam Media, responsible for handling the rights and management of the manhwa, and Group 8, has reportedly signed the contract for the remake.Qrqeg_2f.jpg

"Princess Hours" was set in an alternate world where the Korean monarchy still exists, it follows the story of a high school girl who was sent to the royal palace under an arranged marriage agreement between the former king of Korea and her grandfather. The series was led by Yoon Eun Hye, JooJi Hoon, Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jung Hoon. Princess Hours was the tenth most popular drama of 2006, it also became a hit across Asia, contributing to the Korean Wave. Due to its success, a spin-off series, "Prince Hours", was made in 2007 starring Se7en, Heo Yi Jae, Kang Doo, and Park Shin Hye.rljLZ_2f.jpg

Published from 2002 up until 2012, the manhwa did not only reach South Korean readers, it also touched hearts in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, and France. The manhwa became even more popular when it was brought to life by MBC through the hit 2006 South Korean drama "Princess Hours." Since then sequels, adaptations, musicals, side stories, and merchandise were produced continuing its popularity.

Jae Dam Media's CEO Hwang Nam Yong shared, "It's important to always create fresh contents but we also think that it's important from an intellectual property standpoint to recreate and give a new life to contents that are already existing. This drama will become a vital part in the IP expansion."

Source

What are your thoughts about the upcoming remake? Which actors would you prefer as main leads for the remake of "Princess Hours"?

• One of my all-time favorite dramas and one of the first few I've seen, a guilty pleasure watching it lol

I totally wouldn't mind seeing another remake

Jung so min as the female lead would be perfection

LOOK: Actress Jung So Min Might Join Blossom Entertainment Agency -  Annyeong Oppa

Jung So Min as Hae Won Homme Fatale is set to premiere on July 2019  #JungSoMin #정소민 @somin_jj #LeeJunHo #이준호 #ChoiGwiHwa… | Jung so min, Korean  actresses, Actresses

Lee min ki as the male lead,

actually, both already had a drama together and would love to see them reunite

Lee Min Ki - 이민기 - Rakuten Viki

Lee Minki | KPOP LIFE

• I have heard a lot about this drama. Maybe it is time to watch it now that there is a remake coming up

You should totally watch it, it's one of those classics, the couple had such an amazing chemistry

Yoon eun hye did a great job with her role as well

• i feel like they should cast younger people

• lee min ki is exuding those top notch hot vibes, i’m cannot-

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I watched it but forgot what it was about. I remember it was toxic and that we got a great kiss lol

Let's hope they'll make it more modern as in, not toxic lol

leneny i think they are old for the roles.

I loved because it's my first life, it's one of my fave kdramas! I loved all three ladies, how different they and their dreams and goals are. Great show, i recommend to anyone who didn't watch it!

• That might be very true, but honestly, they don't even look their age especially So-min but even if they do I'd rather choose good acting and chemistry than some young actors who don't have either

But hopefully, they'll be able to find the perfect cast

• That might be very true, but honestly, they don't even look their age especially So-min but even if they do I'd rather choose good acting and chemistry than some young actors who don't have either

But hopefully, they'll be able to find the perfect cast

To me all east asians look young so my opinion there is irrelevant lol

If you don't give new actors a chance you can't know if they are talented or not, or if they have great chemistry or not :)

• To me all east asians look young so my opinion there is irrelevant lol

If you don't give new actors a chance you can't know if they are talented or not, or if they have great chemistry or not :)

Casting new actors might be a risk seeing how big of a drama this is, but I'd have to trust the directors on that, so I'm not exactly against the idea

I guess we'll have to wait and see how things turn out. After all, we're all just speculating here

• he just gets hotter and hotter by the day~

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!