[teens stories] I JUST SAW THE REAL LIFE PICTURE OF THE ACTRESS FOR SNOW WHITE

• [teens stories] I JUST SAW THE REAL LIFE PICTURE OF THE ACTRESS FOR SNOW WHITE

No but... Even if I know that she's playing Snow White, Snow White's image just doesn't come to my mind. Why is Disney's casting always like this?

AVvXsEiZ-xZ2LZvaBR1Z93cCza64wWZxMpK5dxjxybN8TOEXaDePa1GCGgpdU6VzFd1mGC99yoJnXVmrNK8NREwKadpozsK9V5bpS_CnqETKk01U6gwUbnE9x4rIx9sj_1YpfZRNSjzDn1sF6ikoU_IM_41HPwFCzZyyprfogB-wXcyOl9xOxVjgE8VAHTcv=s16000

AVvXsEi3scNPiQs5Ef3yMQgb3ESB22gtlMbDHIwRVyeQewxY0d8BzdId-zMekICK6t2FqTxxMpBqWAMHrOtOSlBYmpT3drns3m4Gy5R-AOmiIdv79Vq1WEUdTXplWKLw-jJhd8y3xwAleKGD18TfEV-EtfxYkevMH3CLXLyGrnNeDPhmYrL6Gd2BUjWAJOwG=s16000

+ Their previous actress for Snow White
    AVvXsEgvx5UDeyEs2d4ZVezqs5cl-ojg3ZFCSHPNfOowE96AqnzztLjOksZokLw05gmVqPx6fHiewH1AwzQ5y2c6vwK0mj-ClBhn4PJZblDA1sNEAiba1NOOcUZdDX_6gPIgGtWgwGSVKaD7ypsciMmm6CwWxydm24_uijboA5NWdF6HEx5-x8DUKLEFLGRm=s16000

post response:
    [+606][-21]
    original post: here

1. [+500, -46]
    Even for the Little Mermaid... At this point, shouldn't they change the name of Snow White? How is this Snow White when it's Kakao Brown?

2. [+494, -8]
    At this rate, they are doing this on purpose. They are putting a f*cking lot of PoCs while pretending they are not racist and if people are complaining, they'll go "you guys told us not to make any Black characters~"

3. [+441, -3]
    Even the original description of Snow White is that her skin is white like white jade no?ㅠㅠ

4. [+150, 0]
    Meanwhile, they are not even awarding PoCs who are Asian..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ what I feel nowdays is White>=Black>Asian

5. [+135, -3]
    Did they just pick a girl from the school around the corner who is dressed up as Snow White for her graduation picture?

• I don't really care about this but I think it's funny how obvious it is that Disney is pulling certain moves for outrage. Isn't "skin as white as snow" a pretty important detail in Snow White? She got her name for it and all.

Anyway, I'm tired of these same old stories. It's time for new Disney princesses. We don't need another Cinderella or Snow White.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Lily Collins cant act though

she always got this face

hashtag there's a freaking ghost after us — Lily Collins Gif Hunt

I thought she was pretty good as Snow White and then I saw her in other things and she was the same in every single one

mKl7Ghm.png

• I thought she was pretty good as Snow White and then I saw her in other things and she was the same in every single one

yeah

her facial expressions are same regardless of the character

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't really care about this but I think it's funny how obvious it is that Disney is pulling certain moves for outrage. Isn't "skin as white as snow" a pretty important detail in Snow White? She got her name for it and all.

Anyway, I'm tired of these same old stories. It's time for new Disney princesses. We don't need another Cinderella or Snow White.

I mean what about poc men?

wouldnt snow white have been a good chance to show a poc prince?

are they pretending poc men dont exist?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I mean what about poc men?

wouldnt snow white have been a good chance to show a poc prince?

are they pretending poc men dont exist?

I also think the outrage about this is so funny because Rachel Zegler is a white woman (her mom is Latina, but I think she's also white Latina), and her dad is white American so people can't call this racism. And less people have been upset about this casting than Ariel, even though she doesn't fit the role at all imho.

While with Ariel, she's a fictional mermaid and her skin color does nothing for the character and isn't important to it so it's like, why do people care so much? Where white people this angry when Ridley Scott cast a bunch of white people to play Egyptians in Exodus?

I'm rambling.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I also think the outrage about this is so funny because Rachel Zegler is a white woman (her mom is Latina, but I think she's also white Latina), and her dad is white American so people can't call this racism. And less people have been upset about this casting than Ariel, even though she doesn't fit the role at all imho.

While with Ariel, she's a fictional mermaid and her skin color does nothing for the character and isn't important to it so it's like, why do people care so much? Where white people this angry when Ridley Scott cast a bunch of white people to play Egyptians in Exodus?

I'm rambling.

Yeah the outrage is funny and unnecessary

• oh we have snow white again? i thought kristen stewart one ended the deal

That wasn't disney, this is disney

• oh we have snow white again? i thought kristen stewart one ended the deal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Mirror_(film)

It's interesting how we had two completely different Snow White movies in the same year and I liked the less serious one way more even though the other one did better

mKl7Ghm.png

• for me these outrages more has to do with the casts not looking similar to the characters not complelety about racism imo, also not to mention the name is snow white, she supposed to look kinda pale

I mean the whole story revolves around her being super white

Snow white original story is a German folktale not really Disney's invention.

But I still find the discourse so funny, all the disney live actions have been flopping. So why are people fighting so hard over a movie that will flop.

• I also think the outrage about this is so funny because Rachel Zegler is a white woman (her mom is Latina, but I think she's also white Latina), and her dad is white American so people can't call this racism. And less people have been upset about this casting than Ariel, even though she doesn't fit the role at all imho.

I'm rambling.

i think he got the backlash, if i remember correctly apprently he needed big names to get funding for the movie

• At this point I am convinced Disney is just purposely doing this so that people keep talking about the movie. The are going with any publicity is good publicity motto. More people arguing about race on the twitter, the better. Free marketing campaign. And then they'll just drop all these PoC actresses the same way the dropped those Star Wars sequel actors. I fucking hate Disney.

• I am just glad they had Arab, Indian, and Persian cast for Aladdin (considering how the origin of the story is always under debate between these three, imo it’s good they had one of each). Plus the movie was good. My favorite Disney life action movie still. Though it didn’t involve only bits of Arab culture but mix of different cultures just like the ambiguity of Aladdin origin, and I liked the movie regardless but it was more entertaining for me as an Arab for some reason.

lt64IYu.gif

• The little mermaid being black is fine, but snow WHITE should be... Well, pale. She has this name because of her super light skin.

is it really possible to get dark melanin if you're at the bottom of the ocean all the time?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!