[PC][theqoo] The interpreter who explained the meaning of NewJeans Cookie lyrics interviewed people in Toronto about the song, knetz gaslighting people who find the lyrics problematic

• source: [theqoo] CONFIRMING ABOUT NEWJEANS COOKIE CONTROVERSY DIRECTLY FOR MYSELF (FT. PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATOR)

HOT - 뉴진스 쿠키 선정성 논란, 현지에서 직접 확인해 봤습니다 (ft. 동시통역사)
    https://myoutu.be/tp-o5gu0kLA 3시간 전 오늘 올라옴 직접 현지인들한테 의견 물었고 미성년자가 부르기엔 성적이다라는게 주요 내용 작사가가 외국인이면 쿠키의 의미를 알았을거라는 의견임 댓글 보고 쓰자면 입장문에 반박하는 의미로 만든게 맞는 것 같음
    theqoo.net

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It was uploaded 3 hours ago today.

He asked the locals for their opinions.

The main reaction is that it is too explicit for a minor to sing the song.
    The opinion is that if the lyricist was a foreigner, he would have definitely known the meaning.

original post: here

1. But half the lyrics they listened to are all about female singers saying stuff like "the apple pie between my legs~" of course they'd think about lewd things ㅋㅋ

2. Are there no other Youtubers who are doing these kinds of surveys? I want to see people who are more neutral than this

3. Stop pushing this, even without the company's clarification, this case is already over

4. Yeah yeah, you guys are all right, stop this already

5. Why would he do this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. Forced controversy

7. Who cares if minors are singing this, stop it already

8. You guys really don't know where to stop

9. The company is the one that made a mistake with this controversy, they should've taken down the song as soon as it was dropped, meanwhile, they let the controversy go wild with minors taking care of that song. Meanwhile, people are claiming that the company isn't at fault, then why would there be videos like that around? Of course thec ompany is at fault

10. So people can't refute this controversy anymore so they're calling this "forced hate" now?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I think he did this because he got attacked so severely for merely translating after being asked, giving proper context and explaining and then giving his own opinion on it. He's right and shouldn't be afraid to say it. The post already has over 900 comments on theqoo and even though PC translated mostly negative comments towards the translator, the situation isn't black and white and there are a lot of people agreeing with him. On the PC comments as well, most people are agreeing there.

mKl7Ghm.png

• :pepestare:

You should see some of the comments on theqoo.

"Can't Ador sue him?"

"The babies are too pretty so people should stop talking about the controversy"

"The company already gave a statement so people should drop it"

But actually, much more comments are agreeing with him even on theqoo. I just skimmed over like the last 100 comments.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I do not understand why many people just assume there has to be an ulterior motive for calling out an issue for what it is.

You should see some of the comments on theqoo.

"Can't Ador sue him?"

"The babies are too pretty so people should stop talking about the controversy"

"The company already gave a statement so people should drop it"

But actually, much more comments are agreeing with him even on theqoo. I just skimmed over like the last 100 comments.

This is just really gross and why many cases of minors being sexually exploited and harassed do not come to light until decades later. Because there are people who are so willingly turning a blind eye to real and serious issues as long as they can continue staying in their "non-controversial" bubble enjoying pretty "babies" and entertaining music.

• I do not understand why many people just assume there has to be an ulterior motive for calling out an issue for what it is.

This is just really gross and why many cases of minors being sexually exploited and harassed do not come to light until decades later. Because there are people who are so willingly turning a blind eye to real and serious issues as long as they can continue staying in their "non-controversial" bubble enjoying pretty "babies" and entertaining music.

TBH I'm sus of anyone who calls them "pretty babies" in that way, especially when they use it to excuse the girls being given clearly inappropriate lyrics. The girls aren't at fault for the songs nor concepts they are given. They're kids with 0 creative freedom who just debuted.

mKl7Ghm.png

• TBH I'm sus of anyone who calls them "pretty babies" in that way, especially when they use it to excuse the girls being given clearly inappropriate lyrics. The girls aren't at fault for the songs nor concepts they are given. They're kids with 0 creative freedom who just debuted.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with these girls. People need to be able to distinguish between the criticism toward an issue vs toward a person. This clearly should be directed toward the former.

• Yeah, it has nothing to do with these girls. People need to be able to distinguish between the criticism toward an issue vs toward a person. This clearly should be directed toward the former.

Right!

mKl7Ghm.png

• Hard to tell if those "random" passerbys are being cherry picked as well, after all the west can be super puritan about certain things.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Doesn't he already have 3 videos about the song?

It seems like NewJeans aren't the only ones looking for attention.

This is his second one, and he only came out with it after receiving massive amounts of hate for the first one despite only just explaining and translating and interpreting.

If you watch the videos it's clear he cares about the wellbeing and protection of these very young girls, so it's pathetic to spin this as him being a clout chaser.

mKl7Ghm.png

• This is his second one, and he only came out with it after receiving massive amounts of hate for the first one despite only just explaining and translating and interpreting.

If you watch the videos it's clear he cares about the wellbeing and protection of these very young girls, so it's pathetic to spin this as him being a clout chaser.

If he really cared, he would just have done one video, the first. Now he is just trying to prove how he is right and those who don't agree with him are wrong. While keeping the attention to a topic which is closed, because no more can be said about it, the lyrics are wrong, everyone has their opinion and has exposed it, then the label released a statement, so what does he want to achieve with more videos, protect the girls? Or just confirm how he is right, because he is so good?

Are more videos going to change the lyrics? Or the industry? If he really cared about the well-being about K-pop idols who are minor, I can tell a bunch of recent scandals with illegal implications and minors which should be more discussed, but NewJeans is popular and bring more clicks.

• I think what made it worse is the company’s response, classic gaslighting, basically you are the problem if you know this 30+ years old common slang

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!