instiz] I BET FOREIGNERS MUST FEEL LIKE KPOP IS SO DIFFERENTIATED

• instiz] I BET FOREIGNERS MUST FEEL LIKE KPOP IS SO DIFFERENTIATED

bypannchoaAugust 29, 2022
    AVvXsEia9qrO_WR5S8CLk7IJhbiB7-l-o6x1TMOCBtBRvCfZsvFK3ubOylbD1Jn6GGiakm5HvmGjF9QYQO0ZR3lOB3O1LWLbu1W7gY0q0SomPVxR5es4lu0B5ti5i-yr3LAR-l4eIL-BbWkqoB3LGaSHcOjPIPpB73FXMOYfpnoXVj1-00Su7r42Hk3lxqJL=s16000

They barely have any "idol groups" who dance and sing at the same time
    And if you look at their charts, most of them are solo acts and for groups, it's mostly bands
    So groups like BlackPink and BTS must feel different for them

original post: here

1. Wasn't Justin Timberlake also part of a group like this before? But it's not a group like KPOP groups where you need to be goof at everything

2. Spice Girls: ???
    > Beyonce: ???

3. But the reality is that most groups from our country receives influence from overseas cultures.
    If you look at the 1st generation like H.O.T, Moon Heejun also got a lot of influence from New Kids on the Block. Idols themselves get influenced by overseas a lot

4. They have people like that among their singers nowadays too, but it's more because they get influenced by KPOP

5. It's true that they don't put as much importance in dancing as KPOP groups, I think dances are what makes KPOP groups distinctiveㅋㅋ

6. Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Destiny's Child, Spice Girls, etc. there was a time when groups like them were promoting too, but it's true that they didn't have synchronized dancing like KPOP artists tooㅎㅎㅎ It's true that KPOP was influenced heavily from overseas boy groups and girl groups, but it's true that KPOP has differentiated themselves now

7. It's thanks to the differentiation that BTS hit big

8. But every time I watch the synchronized dancing, I get goosebumps, I'm so proudㅠ

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• It depends on when you grew up. If you're young now it probably feels weird, but I think if you're at least a millennial it probably feels nostalgic.

• only boyband that was big during my times is one direction

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• For me nostalgic omg I had so many posters of pussycat dolls, destiny's child, atomic kitten, us5, black eyed peas and many others, even one direction is kinda nostalgic now

It depends on when you grew up. If you're young now it probably feels weird, but I think if you're at least a millennial it probably feels nostalgic.

• I think the difference is probably why the KPOP community grew like it did.

Groups kind of fell out of favor in the mid-2000s, and even now, choreographed Western groups are having a hard time.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Even if 1st gen was inspired first, I think it's the whole culture that was gradually built around these kpop groups, the attention to performance and aesthetics (not just the members but the videos, outfits,...)

Even back then when I was repelled by kpop, the performance synchronisation was something that got me impressed indeed

• When I was growing up

There were Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, NSync, shieettt even Kelly Family! It was the NCT of that times lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!