SM Rookies - behind the scenes on SMTOWN performance

• You can’t tell me they’re not going to be Neos.

If this is NCT Japan, they’re going to be so lit. I also love Shotaro checking on the rookies before they head out on stage - just yesterday he was new himself.

It’s worth noting that not only are the Rookies making their debut in front of a crowd, Sungchan and Shotaro are too. They’re pandemic artists so they haven’t performed in front of crowds either and certainly not this large.

They also never performed in a SMTOWN either.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I honestly did not expect them (or Sungchan) to match Shotaro so perfectly. I'm still blown away. I am so excited to see them debut and I know in my heart they're Neos. :mesmerized-bee:

also lmao Shotaro runs dance practice like Taeyong though

• I honestly did not expect them (or Sungchan) to match Shotaro so perfectly. I'm still blown away. I am so excited to see them debut and I know in my heart they're Neos. :mesmerized-bee:

also lmao Shotaro runs dance practice like Taeyong though

i think the real Taro is coming out. This reminds me of shy wide eyed Kun in his NCT Life debut who is totally different than the bossy big bro we know today. As they get more comfortable (with the group and the language), they can let their personalities shine.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• i think the real Taro is coming out. This reminds me of shy wide eyed Kun in his NCT Life debut who is totally different than the bossy big bro we know today. As they get more comfortable (with the group and the language), they can let their personalities shine.

I agree! I think he's gonna be a really great leader to their unit. :pepelove1:

• Agree! I'm really sutisfied with Shotaro leadership skills so far

I agree! I think he's gonna be a really great leader to their unit. :pepelove1:

yeah I thought Shohei was going to be the leader but watching him with them, esp that little lady check in before going onstage was so TY and Kun like. And this would also explain why he’s been spending so much time with them to get pointers.

• I’m thinking they’ll add one or two more Japanese members, partly to round it out and partly as enlistment protections.

If they go with 6, that will create another point of difference between the groups.

Since WayV looks like it’s 5 now, Dream is 7, 127 is 9.

• I’m thinking they’ll add one or two more Japanese members, partly to round it out and partly as enlistment protections.

If they go with 6, that will create another point of difference between the groups.

Since WayV looks like it’s 5 now, Dream is 7, 127 is 9.

It would be funny if the Japanese unit was majority korean 😄

I thought they might go with 7 🤔

Is wayv five confirmed ? That's kind of sad :scaredy-bee:

• It would be kinda cool ngl :eyes:

But how many vocals do they have? They'd need at least 2 decent ones right?

Seunghan was mentioned as a vocalist. He mentioned D.O in his interview so I think a lot of people are expecting him to have that kind of warmer voice. Eunseok is still a quesiton mark because all SM told us about him was he had visuals and he wants to act someday.

I think if Eunseok isn't main vocal level that they may add in at least one more vocalist. I'm willing to bet they have one in their pocket, but he may not be as strong a dancer as the others. :pepe-notes:

• Seunghan was mentioned as a vocalist. He mentioned D.O in his interview so I think a lot of people are expecting him to have that kind of warmer voice. Eunseok is still a quesiton mark because all SM told us about him was he had visuals and he wants to act someday.

I think if Eunseok isn't main vocal level that they may add in at least one more vocalist. I'm willing to bet they have one in their pocket, but he may not be as strong a dancer as the others. :pepe-notes:

A warmer voice? Oooh :lisa11:

right^

All of the units so far have at least two outstanding Vocalists, so it'd be weird if this one didn't :rose4:

I feel like they have enough good dancers to make up for it, if that were the case 🤔

• WayV five is not confirmed. However, they appeared in SMTOWN as five and shot a magazine cover shoot as 5. Members talked on a post SMTOWN live about a “new beginning for WayV” so I think this is very much the plan IMO. Winwin just wrapped up his movie so it’s possible he could come back for one last album, possibly. Having watched this same scenario play out with Lay in EXO, I don’t expect him back and while we’ll miss him, I’d rather see him booked and busy than with two lines in a WayV song.

There’s still no news on Lucas.

As far as NCT Japan, I’d be expecting at least one more main vocalist. SM has certainly set expectations for big vocals but especially within NCT. Every NCT unit has had at least 2 belters. Sungchan seems like he can be a very capable lead vocal but he’s not bringing the NCT thunder. Many of the main vocalists were added last to the units so they might need some extra polish, probably around their dance.

Because NCT is such a dance-focused group and it’s one of their specific traits now, these poor noobs have to better than the other Neos were at debut, tbh.

• Debut them already ;(

I'm ready to Stan ;(

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!