Do "fans" genuinely think they have a chance with their favs?

• So there is Jennie "fanboy" who has been obsessed with her, it's kind of creepy actually. Visiting all the same places she does, even going to France and taking the same pictures at the same spot as her. Other fans were always weirded out by him and questioned his obsessive behavior.

He even had numerous video fan calls with Jennie in which she once promoted his youtube channel. But now that she is in a relationship, he deleted everything about her, so basically all of his content and proceeded to write a hate post about her on dcgallery. Fans found out so he deleted it and went private on all his social media.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Jennie was so sweet to him

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But did this guy really think that Jennie would date him, that he had a chance??

A stalker at this point

EvZaQDiVcAYHB9r?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

This was in Versailles... he went to France for this? No way it could've been just a coincidence

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.

Like this wasn't even too long ago

Edited once, last by imperia ().

• I will always have a chance in my mind.

But realistically, I can't believe there are people that think this way. I am seeing more correlation with a mental disorder than actual reality with people like this and Naeyon's stalker.

• good riddance

im very glad that majority of blinks are women

Imagine if most were males, after Jennie's first dating news, no one would've been left

so I'm genuinely glad most are female fans and don't give a damn. But unfortunately, you always have special cases like this

• I will always have a chance in my mind.

But realistically, I can't believe there are people that think this way. I am seeing more correlation with a mental disorder than actual reality with people like this and Naeyon's stalker.

Right? Like how can a sane person be this obsessed with someone they don't even know?

"Celebrity worship syndrome" I'd say

• i hope jennie is okay

all this must be taking a toll on her :-(

She must have seen it. His picture was posted on NIEEH's ig (the brand Jennie owns, or co-owns) but they deleted his picture today, so she is definitely aware

• Right? Like how can a sane person be this obsessed with someone they don't even know?

It's seriously something that with the rise of social media has become more prevalent and problematic. There is so much content a few clicks away - its frightening to me how delusional most people are when it comes to stuff like this. It becomes obsessive to the point of illness. I've seen it happen with some of my own friends. I walk into a room and it's like a horror movie scene with print outs of their favorite musicians/actors on the wall, covered in hearts. Mrs. Actors last name everywhere. It gets to a point where people need help for this, the op of the Jennie one definitely needs a lot of it.

What I hate the most is that the idols see this kind of stuff. I can't imagine how terrifying it can be at times.

• It's seriously something that with the rise of social media has become more prevalent and problematic. There is so much content a few clicks away - its frightening to me how delusional most people are when it comes to stuff like this. It becomes obsessive to the point of illness. I've seen it happen with some of my own friends. I walk into a room and it's like a horror movie scene with print outs of their favorite musicians/actors on the wall, covered in hearts. Mrs. Actors last name everywhere. It gets to a point where people need help for this, the op of the Jennie one definitely needs a lot of it.

What I hate the most is that the idols see this kind of stuff. I can't imagine how terrifying it can be at times.

It's horrifying. It's fine to idolize someone, follow their activities and be a fan. I believe we all have celebrities we adore despite not knowing them in real life. But there is a limit to everything. Some get too immersed in this celebrity culture and as you said it can become a serious issue. It's as if their life revolves around that one person. This one for instance is a clear example.

I seriously hope this guy gets the help he needs, at least he's gotten a wake-up call after this. But the way he reacted leas me to think that he'll keep being obsessed for a while.

• Right? Like how can a sane person be this obsessed with someone they don't even know?

But it's not surprising at all when companies sell this fantasy to fans only for profits, but fans are so delusional that they can't see that they are just being used. All the portrayal of idols being innocent, the dating bans, "I'm dating my fans" "my fans are everything" and everything in between these lines just feed these people into beleiving they can actually have a chance. Even grown ass adults buy into this fantasy, so I blame companies more than anything else.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!