Isn't it funny how everyone loved NewJeans until they started breaking their faves records?

• that’s pretty specific :melon_think:

recently got back into the community I have been watching a lot of bollywood movies and some South Indian movies recently cus I found a way to watch the movies for free with subtitles, anyway the community god is it toxic af, can't believe I almost got sucked into the cult.

Like kpop community and even atlr seem like angels(I can't believe I am saying that too).

It might be a little confusing to non-Indians but in 2020 an actor named Sushant Singh Rajput died, he wasn't a product of nepotism and apparently at the time wasn't getting a lot of movies.

It started this whole hate train of people dragging bollywood which involved hating actors, especially ones associated with nepotism and token stanning Sushant Singh Rajput and actors who didn't have a nepotism background

For example Alia Bhatt got hate because in a kiss, marry, kill question and she chose to kill Sushant, and many took it as proof that she along with the "bollywood mafia gang" killed Sushant despite police and medical records saying he died by suicide.

And it's pretty clear that she didn't have any bad blood with him since in a red carpet thing she called him over to take pictures for the press, praised his movie MS Dhoni on twitter and even send her condolences when he died.

Alia Bhatt literally got hate for breathing, I feel so ashamed that I was hating her in my mind at that time for such stupid reasons and even disliking her at the time new movie's trailer on my mom's phone without even watching it.

The saddest part about the case was probably the complete erasure of mental health and acting like it didn't take a part in what happened, not only that, Kangana Ranaut, one of the actresses that got a lot support from the token stanning community made a complete mockery of mental health and accused Deepika Padukone, an actress who had been open about her experience with depresssion, of faking depression.

And people still supported her and used it as proof that Sushant didn't die of suicide since she connected the whole Deepika thing to Sushant somehow.

And then there's the token stanning of South Indian films, as a South Indian at first I was proud of the attention the industries were recieving despite me not liking a lot of the new movies(I prefer the old classics such as Minnaram and Kilukkam).

Looking back, I realized a lot of people didn't really care about the South Indian industry genuinely and were just using it as an excuse to hate on bollywood.

I mean, people were and still are saying how all South Indian actors are humble and nice while Bollywood ones were evil when people like Dileep who literally sent out people to r*pe an actress cus she told his then wife he was cheating on her exist in the South Indian industry and most actors ignore and act like it didn't happen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!