trending "we love xx idol" does more harm than good

• first of all , no idol is keeping up with twitter beefs but when u trend hashtags and stuff, there is more of a chance that the idol will see it and try to find out what exactly is going on

plus non fans usually dont know whats going on but by trending these hashtags u r just bringing attention to an issue and getting all sorts of people involved in an issue who can bring more hate to your fave idol

• I think it also depends on the idol to some extent.

1) Some are more active on social media and keeping up with stuff there than others.

2) Some idols may look more into it, while others might not.

If I was an idol and I saw fans trending that about me, I likely wouldn't think much was wrong, at least not on the surface, and would just be happy they're complimenting me all of a sudden and appreciating me. That being said, not everyone is like me, and for the ones that do dig more into it, I agree, it could cause more harm than good to them. In general though, it's hard to tell, as I don't know how many idols fall into each category (looking into it or not). I do see where you are coming from though and I respect that. You introduced a perspective I hadn't heard of or considered at all before.

Also, sometimes fans either:

1) Do this when nothing is wrong, but just to be nice, or for a special event, like a group anniversary or after they opened up about their mental health and want to reassure them they're still loved or things like that.

2) Don't see the harm in doing this. After all, I only just learned it could be seen this way after you pointed it out just now, so perhaps many fans did not consider that it could have this affect.

• When something like this is trending, my first thought is "what happened with this idol"/"what did he/she do" .. And then twt search idol name.. If im not too late, i will still see the issue related to the idol/celebrity. Fans sometimes are very quick to clean the related words though (if this happens, just go to AKP).

• When something like this is trending, my first thought is "what happened with this idol"/"what did he/she do" .. And then twt search idol name.. If im not too late, i will still see the issue related to the idol/celebrity. Fans sometimes are very quick to clean the related words though (if this happens, just go to AKP).

exactly

i dont know who gave kpop stans the genius idea to trend hashtags as if that is a solution to any problem

• exactly

i dont know who gave kpop stans the genius idea to trend hashtags as if that is a solution to any problem

It comes from k-fans actually. They used to trend hate hashtags against idols and then the fans of those idols would try to take those hashtags down or bury it with a positive one. Now they do too much.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!