The GG market is so oversaturated, and outside of the BIG 4 companies, it is not even worth trying to debut in this time and age.

• It seems like from the past 2 years or so to now, so many big GGs have debuted and gotten all the attention from K-fans and I-fans alike. Other potential groups from small to mid-sized companies like StayC, Weeekly, or LightSum are making nowhere near the strides they needed to to keep up. The only exception at this moment is IVE but they had the benefit of redebut Iz*One members.

At this point, is it even worth for trainees to try and make a debut under a no-name or a smaller-sized company? If I was a trainee there, I would tell them nah, let's go for an actress career instead.

Approved the thread.
  • these groups could flop too

• both agree and disagree.

it's hard to keep up with big4 groups but at the same time, it's even harder to debut under big4 companies. a lot of those idols just want to debut and i doubt their #1 priority is outperforming the leading groups. plus, if you release good enough music to catch people's attention it won't matter that you're from a small company.

ive are popular not only because of wonyoung and yujin but because they have a great discography and are good performers. two members only cannot carry the whole group, at least not to these levels of popularity

• Successful people don't win in life because they took the path of least resistance. Does it seem like the competition is crazy? It's always crazy at the top of any industry. And kpop has been like this for quite a while.

Unfortunately, all these groups gaining attention makes it seem like it's easy to debut and be successful. What wannabee trainees don't know are the thousands of trainees that never make it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!