For those who concern who bought aespa albums.

• This thread generally for those who are interest in what region fanbase buy albums from. Turn out aespa already sold 500k from korea and 200k from overseas. So not all Chinese sale are counted yet. Pretty interesting. So aespa got a pretty large korean fanbase compare to enhypen based on the chart.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Chart link

Circle Chart

Edited once, last by KangK ().

• KangK

Changed the title of the thread from “Circle Retail album chart for those who interested in regional fanbase especially aespa.” to “For those who concern who bought aespa albums.”.
  • with this amount of fanbase, they should be smashing on melon

and 4th gen bgs have small to nonexistent fanbase in korea since, koreans over bgs so

Read my post above. Also. Large fanbase does not mean topping melon chart. Look at LWY, Seventeenth and NCT.

• What percentage of retailers are covered by the Gaon/Circle retail album chart? If it's a small percentage, how reliable are these numbers?

Oh did not see this. Click on the link i provided. I am not sure, but i think maybe its around 90 percent of Hanteo?

• Read my post above. Also. Large fanbase does not mean topping melon chart. Look at LWY, Seventeenth and NCT.

NCT and SVT has big fanbase but no gp, idk about LWY seeing his charting he also doesn't seem to have gp. With huge fanbase in korea, its not shocking since that LWY guy charting his entire album lol, I have thought Aespa would smash since I have thought they have gp, but looking at Girls, they haven't captured gp yet. But still good for them tho, afterall big fanbase is all everyone need, gp is fickle so

• NCT and SVT has big fanbase but no gp, idk about LWY seeing his charting he also doesn't seem to have gp. With huge fanbase in korea, its not shocking since that LWY guy charting his entire album lol, I have thought Aespa would smash since I have thought they have gp, but looking at Girls, they haven't captured gp yet. But still good for them tho, afterall big fanbase is all everyone need, gp is fickle so

This is true. GP will drop a group just like that if they don't like the songs. So many GG fans may brag about charting all the time, but it always the boy group who laugh all the way to the banks in the end.

• 500k from korean stores i guess, ktown4u sales will count as korean store as well

Not sure how this work? I bought some albums from ktown and I am from overseas. So they will register my sale as domestic when they ship it? Ktown do that? How does this work?

• Oh did not see this. Click on the link i provided. I am not sure, but i think maybe its around 90 percent of Hanteo?

So I've seen estimates that Hanteo covers about 85% of retailers, so 90% of that would be roughly 76.5%.

Another concern I have is that Gaon/Circle is showing the split between Korean and international retailers. However, what if an international customer buys from a Korean retailer? Then that's an international sale that's incorrectly being counted as a Korean sale right?

• Not sure how this work? I bought some albums from ktown and I am from overseas. So they will register my sale as domestic when they ship it? Ktown do that? How does this work?

I think gaon just showing sales from korean or overseas stores, I don't think they will track personal info of customers. For example aladin, yes24, ktown4u - korean stores. Target, tower records, amazon - overseas.

• So I've seen estimates that Hanteo covers about 85% of retailers, so 90% of that would be roughly 76.5%.

Another concern I have is that Gaon/Circle is showing the split between Korean and international retailers. However, what if an international customer buys from a Korean retailer? Then that's an international sale that's incorrectly being counted as a Korean sale right?

Interesting question and don't know about this. So they split this by retailers. So who considered domestic and international retailers? does Ktown count as domestic?

• I think gaon just showing sales from korean or overseas stores, I don't think they will track personal info of customers. For example aladin, yes24, ktown4u - korean stores. Target, tower records, amazon - overseas.

Interesting. This kinda muddy up the whole thing then.

• so I think this is the best way to put it.. Domestic = china and Korea. Overseas = Japan and the rest.

Edit: this is still not definite. I believe large portion of International fans still buy from ktown.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!